Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the fuses under dash and under hood

Fuses look fine. Those are the only things that dont power. Everything else is fine. Recently changed battery BUT after new battery everything worked solid for days. Recently got a transponder key made because old key broke.

If fuses are fine i'm not sure what else it could be.

This is driving me mad!!! :surprise:

·
Official TN Lurker
850 Posts
check and see if the cig lighter under the radio in the little cubby is working, if not it is probably a fuse. I had one blow because i was stupid and when I replaced it it was loose then I put it in the wrong spot same thing though no radio mirrors clock or cig power.

if its not that then I have no idea maybe a ground came loose or something? I know there is one in the kick panel and also one behind the radio

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check and see if the cig lighter under the radio in the little cubby is working, if not it is probably a fuse. I had one blow because i was stupid and when I replaced it it was loose then I put it in the wrong spot same thing though no radio mirrors clock or cig power.

if its not that then I have no idea maybe a ground came loose or something? I know there is one in the kick panel and also one behind the radio
Looks like the cig lighter is not working either. I tried plugging in my car charger and it's not working.

I have a 2010 Corolla by the way. I checked fuse under hood and under dash/steering wheel but they dont look blown..could it be possible they are blown without breaking/burning?

Also, I according to manual/diagram i have to change fuse 10 - ACC - 7.5A?

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Switched out fuse. Still not working. Could it be something disconnected?

·
Official TN Lurker
850 Posts
I have never seen any under the passenger side. And possible yes but I have no idea where.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there fuses under the passenger side as well?
No there aren't any under the passenger side. Could it be a relay or something? Does anyone know where to check for that? I'd hate to take it to a place that's gonna charge me a good amount for something simple I could have done.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla LE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it to mechanic checked every fuse...every single fuse is good. Anyone know about the wiring and/or relay? The radio, clock, lighter and side mirrors are all out and I think that's all linked. -ripping hair out-

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Toyota corolla 2005 radio and side mirrors does not work I checked for fuse and found blown fuse under dash passenger side and I replaced the fuse but keeps blowing up what could be the problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Toyota corolla 2005 radio and side mirrors does not work I checked for fuse and found blown fuse under dash passenger side and I replaced the fuse but keeps blowing up what could be the problem
im having a similar problem with my 2013 corolla. did you find a solution??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having this same problem. Its driving me crazy. I have check the ACC and ACC Cut relays behind the AC controls as well. Those seem to be fine. Any solutions?!?

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
9,517 Posts
I would check the socket in that particular fuse with a multimeter. Yes, a fuse could be bad without the link breaking. A bad ground can cause this or even a frayed wire.

It's a pain in the butt, but you will need to do a point to point continuity check from the component to the fuse box. This will let you know which side of the connection is broken.

Edit : you will need a wiring diagram to know where the power signal is in each connector.

By the way, check the individual fuse as well as the combination fuse. In my 06 Corolla, I once reversed polarity on an led bulb. It blew fuses to my power windows, combination meter, and headlights. I ended up replacing a 10A fuse to the combo fuse instead of the individual fuse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So after giving up repairing this issue on my own, I took to a toyota specialty auto shop. I was told today is is the fuse box itself that is my issue. Just thought I would pass along.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts