Toyota Nation Forum banner

Radio, Clock, side mirrors not working

61K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  stvotw 
#1 ·
Checked the fuses under dash and under hood

Fuses look fine. Those are the only things that dont power. Everything else is fine. Recently changed battery BUT after new battery everything worked solid for days. Recently got a transponder key made because old key broke.

If fuses are fine i'm not sure what else it could be.

This is driving me mad!!! :surprise:

#2 ·
check and see if the cig lighter under the radio in the little cubby is working, if not it is probably a fuse. I had one blow because i was stupid and when I replaced it it was loose then I put it in the wrong spot same thing though no radio mirrors clock or cig power.

if its not that then I have no idea maybe a ground came loose or something? I know there is one in the kick panel and also one behind the radio

#3 ·
Looks like the cig lighter is not working either. I tried plugging in my car charger and it's not working.

I have a 2010 Corolla by the way. I checked fuse under hood and under dash/steering wheel but they dont look blown..could it be possible they are blown without breaking/burning?

Also, I according to manual/diagram i have to change fuse 10 - ACC - 7.5A?

#15 ·
I would check the socket in that particular fuse with a multimeter. Yes, a fuse could be bad without the link breaking. A bad ground can cause this or even a frayed wire.

It's a pain in the butt, but you will need to do a point to point continuity check from the component to the fuse box. This will let you know which side of the connection is broken.

Edit : you will need a wiring diagram to know where the power signal is in each connector.

By the way, check the individual fuse as well as the combination fuse. In my 06 Corolla, I once reversed polarity on an led bulb. It blew fuses to my power windows, combination meter, and headlights. I ended up replacing a 10A fuse to the combo fuse instead of the individual fuse.

#18 ·
So turns out after I got my car back, it was not the fuse box. It was a short to ground from the ACC or ACC CUT-Relay (cant remember which one is in control of all these items). I paid around $900 for blood, sweat, and tears (aka basically mostly labor to find the issue). He just ran a new ground wire and did not disassemble the existing wire to replace. Maybe you can pass this along to the shop you go to to save them some time.

#19 ·
I have a question might sound dumb but what and where is the ground wire you are speaking of is it a job I can do on my own. By the way this was helpful now I can wait on a response rather than doing the same damn thing everyday (Checking fuses, in the inner and outer boxes, 🤬 and taking panels off to get to certain wires to see if something was faulty.) hopefully I hear back soon! thanks

#20 ·
Not dumb. lol. Unfortunately, I do not know where the ground wire is that shorted. The guy at the shop did not show me. He has worked on toyotas for over 20 years and had to call another guy he knew to figure out the problem and then eventually found the short and just ran a new wire to ground. The ground wire from each of these devices (clock, stereo, cig lighter) if I'm remembering correctly was a white wire with a black line. Im not sure what the ground wire looks like running out from the relays themselves. I would think it eventually runs to a larger white cable bolted to the frame of the car. I saw a few of those looking around under the dash. Hopefully, these images help. These show where the relay box is and what it looks like. It was the ground running from the ACC relay in my case. I would post the wire diagrams for each of the components I got from a mechanic on justanswers.com but I looked around on my computer and cant find them. It will be a big headache. I spent many many hours trying to fix it and was on the right track before I took it into the shop. In the end, I had enough and was happy I brought it into the shop. Hope this helps! I can try to answer more questions if you have them. I am by no means any type of expert.

#21 ·
You can check behind the kick panel on the driver or passenger side. There is a ground point somewhere behind them. Since the main fuse box is located there.

The relays are likely grounded either in the same area or in the engine bay at the shock tower. Technically, you can use any ground point on the chassis since it's for the wire harness.

My choice location for ground is under the steering column. You'll see a green 10mm bolt. That's a ground point.

#22 ·
Hi Guys,

Same problem with my 2014, lexus is 300H, radio, infotainment screen and power mirrors not working. However it did not just happen, i bought this new bigger 10.25 inch screen to replace the OEM version (cause it's laggy and shit). After the replacement (which was not that hard), just unplugged one pin connection from the back of the radio head unit and plugged in the new one for the upgraded screen. When i turned on the car the radio, screen and power mirrors were not working.I am pulling my hair out trying to find a solution, tried unplugging battery, connecting back the OEM screen, checking the fuses. Nothing seems to do it, perhaps i pulled the video cable from the back of the radio head unit too hard or something? Don't know...

Are there any other fuses associated with the radio head unit? The fuse box (located under the passenger kick panel) is the only fuse box i seem to have and it only has the one radio fuse. I did see in other forums that some Toyota/Lexus car has Radio1 and 2 fuses, could i also have it and it could be located elsewhere?

P.S. cig and usb ports not working either.

If anyone could shed some light on this i would greatly appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.