Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio, Door Panel, Rear Deck & Tweeter removal for CE, LE, SE & XLE DIY; 56k Beware

These instructions were scanned:

ENJOY :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
very nice, what did u buy and got all this, i plan on getting some stuff from them, i love this company great products and great support
I bought a Kenwood DDX6019, the iPod interface for the head unit, the PAC-SWI harness, and they gave me the dash kit and the instructions (above) for free. Their products and 24hour support is amazing. Plus free shipping.....the turds on Ebay can't beat that.

Since today is Friday, I am going to start my audio overhaul (including the addition of Dynamat) to my ride tonight. I think the weekend should be enough time.

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
I bought a Kenwood DDX6019, the iPod interface for the head unit, the PAC-SWI harness, and they gave me the dash kit and the instructions (above) for free. Their products and 24hour support is amazing. Plus free shipping.....the turds on Ebay can't beat that.

Since today is Friday, I am going to start my audio overhaul (including the addition of Dynamat) to my ride tonight. I think the weekend should be enough time.

Yea i love that they give you the harness and wires also.
What is this that you bought PAC-SWI?

·
2007 Black XLE V6 Camry
422 Posts
Wierd thing is, the spec for the camry say the rear are 6x9, but you go to crutchfield, none of the 6x9 are compatible. They redirect you to buy the 6 1/2...

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wierd thing is, the spec for the camry say the rear are 6x9, but you go to crutchfield, none of the 6x9 are compatible. They redirect you to buy the 6 1/2...
Yeah, I dont know why that is.

Next month when I get more "toy" money, I plan on ordering a component set thru Crutchfield. I do indeed already plan on asking them why they recommend 6.5's instead of 6x9's.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Probably the depth of the speaker.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Probably the depth of the speaker.
I think you're right. I was looking at the underside and the trunk tension bars pass right under the magnets without much clearance. It might work with an MDF adapter to lift the speaker up about 3/4" though.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
PAC-SWI is a harness that gets wired into your steering wheel functions so you can maintain them when you upgrade your stock unit to an aftermarket unit.

MrSoOHOo was kind enough to provide this thread not too far back:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217008&highlight=pac+swi
im glad people are getting use out of my write-up :)

you are gonna love the DDX unit. i have the DDX 8017 and it has so many features(it might differ from yours since mine is the top of the line one)

·
Baby's got a new skirt
2007 Camry LE
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im glad people are getting use out of my write-up :)

you are gonna love the DDX unit. i have the DDX 8017 and it has so many features(it might differ from yours since mine is the top of the line one)
Everyone I have talked to that has this Kenwood says that I will love it. I hope so.

I didn't want to shell out the extra couple hundred for the one you have, I think I will be happy with this one.

Thx for your PAC SWI write up, I know I will be using it tomorrow. :thumbup:

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
6x9's will not fit, I bought some and the screw holes do not match up (IIRC). Also, depth is a big concern because I bought some Pioneers for the rear, and now the trunk will only open half way, so come spring time I'm going to replace them with some better fitting speakers.

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
6x9's will not fit, I bought some and the screw holes do not match up (IIRC). Also, depth is a big concern because I bought some Pioneers for the rear, and now the trunk will only open half way, so come spring time I'm going to replace them with some better fitting speakers.
Check with crutchfield, i cant remember off hand what sixe they recommend but I no 6x9s wont fit as you stated

1 - 20 of 61 Posts