Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 4runner. smart radio with all the other things (gps map, phone, etc) Radio will be playing then stop and all you see in the Toyota start up screen. A few minutes later the radio starts playing again.

Drove to town yesterday (20 miles) and it rebooted 5 times. This is the most ever. On an 8 hour trip it would do it one or twice. I didn't like it but I could live with that. Doing it 5 times on a short trip tells me the thing is going to fail soon.

Is there anything I can do to fix this short of replacing the unit? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
These infotainment systems have tons of bugs.
Have you checked to see if there's a software fix available?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer wanted to charge $500 for software upgrade. No thanks.

No work has been done, under the dash or anywhere else on the vehicle.

Thx for your replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thx for your replies.
I have the same problem with my 2015 Highlander. I was in my vehicle for a little more than 2 hours today and it rebooted at least 6 times. If Toyota can't get the easy stuff right how can they get the hard stuff right?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thx for your replies.
I had this same issue on my 2015 Tacoma Entune radio. Did exactly the same thing but since it was under warranty I took it to Toyota for them to re-flash with a later S/W version. Since they want to charge you I recommend you go to the Entune website to see if there is a later S/W version for your vehicle. If there is you can download it onto a memory stick and upload it into your radio using a vehicle USB port. I believe the wbsite should have the instructions. If not you can google Entune update. AJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts