Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am looking for online instructions on how to take out the radio in my 91 Yota truck? Can anyone direct me?

Thanks!

·
Offical Truck Nut
1990 Toyota
428 Posts
yeah plan on taking the entire bottom half of your dash off, from under the steering wheel to the glove box then you can get to the four 10mm screws that hold the radio in place.

·
Registered
92 Posts
And be careful of the dash pieces. The plastic that they are made out of is hecka flexible and will be a complete pain in your ass. Remember the way you took everything out too so that when you put it back in you can get the pieces in the right places or your dash wont sit flush and screws wont go back in properly.

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
check the free online manuals in the sticky section of this forum

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It really isn't as hard as it looks. I did it in my 1993 and it wasn't all that bad. It looks like a lot of work but everything is pretty easy to get to. And if you're replacing the speakers, all that stuff has to come off regardless. There are a lot of screws though. A really bright flashlight will help you locate them all. Just don't try to force anything.

I did not remove the hood release. I simply let that panel hang down with it still attached and worked around it. I think there was another step I skipped on the glovebox but I don't quite remember what it was.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts