Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2010 Corolla. As soon as I drove it off the lot I noticed intermittent static on the radio. I'm listening to local radio stations. The problem is worse in the city and better in the countryside (in fact hardly noticeable here). I can't hear it so much on channels that play modern music, but on classical channels and when dj's are speaking it is more noticeable. When the car is stationary it's not a problem. Spoke with the dealership and they tell me I'm probably just out of range. Never had any problems with my old suzuki aerio radio. Any ideas greatly appreciated?:confused:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
that is common even when they started rolling out the 2009 corolla in early 2008. my car has no problem whatsoever except the static sound on some radio stations here in british columbia. the dealer told me there is no problem with the radio.

i think it is best to write a letter to toyota signed by all 2009/2010 corolla owners complaining about the stock radio they used in our cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fired an email off today to Toyota. I'll see where that gets me and then maybe follow it up with a written letter sent registered delivey to someone up at the top.

·
2009 Corolla XRS
2009 Corolla XRS
314 Posts
I noticed that if I am in underground parking or a garage the radio doesn't pick up 100% but once I'm out in the open everything is fine. Other cars I've been in don't seem to have the same problem so its probably the radio doesn't receive as well as in some other vehicles...no idea why. You'd expect the radio to be easy to deal with by now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts