Toyota Nation Forum banner

Radio Turn Off Itself

16K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TheTexasKellys 
#1 ·
Hello, My 2019 Toyota Highlander have some issues with the radio.

3-4 times so far, the radio turn off and restart itself while a Bluetooth was playing from my Iphone. And also lose some of my setting and all the radio presets.

It happened twice this week ... and now it just happened again ...

I searched the forum to see if there issue with the 2019 TH radios but nothing....Any ideas? Thank you

#9 ·
Well, After all, a new version of IOS 13.1.3 came out for my iPhone 8 Plus. And today I did the tests on my TH and it worked without problems. But thanks everyone for your help...

#11 ·
I was hoping this was a cure but alas I have the same problem, just cropped up with our 2017 HiHy Limited Platinum, radio randomly turns off and screen freezes. So today I turned off my iPhone 12 Bluetooth with the latest 15.5 iOS updated on 5/16/22, and didn’t get half a block before the radio cut out. VERY frustrating, and our enTune was replaced due to the constant rebooting issue shortly after our purchase, so this one is newer than the car is. I’m going to keep following this thread in the hope a resolution is posted.

#10 ·
I have a 2019 Avalon. I bought it new. The sound on my system randomly goes off. The volume controls freezes on the volume it looses sound on. All the other buttons seem to work, just no sound. Toyota of North American told it jas to be taken for service 3 times before they can do anything further🙄

#14 ·
Lol. I dont generally listen that loud either.. on occasion a good song comes on, I do crank it up to 50.... literally with in 5-10 seconds, the whole system shuts down. Toyota gave me a new head unit and new Amp. The issue is still happening. Toyota chalked it up to misuse!!! My thoughts are the amplifier isn't strong enough for the system. I wish you luck.

#15 ·
Except that I’m NOT cranking up the volume! Today, no troubles all day with Sirius. And it happened even with Bluetooth turned off, so it’s not an Apple software update issue. I think we were listening to FM radio on the way to summer school in the morning during the past blackouts. I just hope the GPS doesn’t do the same thing during a trip we have planned for the end of the month. Guess my wife and I will make sure to have Google maps running as shotgun just case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.