Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100 RegCab 2WD
385 Posts
Not too familiar with the Tundra as I drive a T100, but it should not be too involved to remove the stock unit. On the T100 you just pry off the trim around the stereo to expose the screws holding the mounting bracket. Take those out and the whole unit (bracket and all) comes right out.

When I upgraded my stock radio I looked around here a bit and also tried to find a Toyota unit that would work on Ebay, Cl etc... I ended up going to Crutchfield's website and I am really glad I did. You put in your make & model of vehicle and they will give a long list of stereos that will fit your truck. They also will have an install kit for your model. The instructions are written well and you can splice the install kit to your new unit at your kitchen table. From there it is just plug & play. Very straight forward and easy!

hth...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought one on ebay that was made to fit my 04. It has the GPS system and I went a head and bought a back up camera that plugged right in to the radio. Everything ran me about $300.00. Just pull the old one out by the instructions unplug the old amp and plug in the new one using that plugging. No splicing needed. And it works sweet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's screws under your three hvac knobs. They pull straight off. After you remove those the dash will pull off. Cruchfield is where I got mine. It comes with everything you need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts