Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't have fog lights:

Has anyone thought of doing a ram air through the plugs where the fog lights should be? Seems like it would be easy enough - Take the plug out (or cut the back of it out - may look better), toss some flexible ducting in, and direct it toward the airbox. Seems like it would work - opinons?

Also, if I decide to take a look, has anyone removed the front bumper? I haven't looked yet, but it would be nice to know how many bolts I should be looking for if I do.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Thats asking for trouble in my .02 Its a good idea for a track car or something. I would worry about water. I dont think you would need to remove the bumper to do this mod.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats asking for trouble in my .02 Its a good idea for a track car or something. I would worry about water. I dont think you would need to remove the bumper to do this mod.
I thought about the water issue, but they thought: Where the air comes in now is on the fender in front of the tire. If you are driving on a wet road, you are probably tossing plenty of water from your front tire into that area (granted probably not as much but...)

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
I would just go with the URD CAI instead. It's the same principle, really.

But hey, I'm all for new ideas.

·
Powder Seeker
2007 Tacoma Double
275 Posts
While I like the idea of improving air-flow to the engine, I thinking opening up your intake to the front of the vehicle would be askign for problems. Where the intake is now is fairly protected from the elements.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
C2C made an intake kinda like that. I don't know if they still make it, but I don't think it sold very well.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I like the idea of improving air-flow to the engine, I thinking opening up your intake to the front of the vehicle would be askign for problems. Where the intake is now is fairly protected from the elements.
I know what you mean, thats my only hold back. Any ideas for protection against the elements?

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C2C made an intake kinda like that. I don't know if they still make it, but I don't think it sold very well.
Perhaps cuz dumbasses like me come up with the same idea?!:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts