Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there are many posts about the alarm on various camrys going off. I have a 2002 aug update, Australian Azura Camry. The alarm randomly goes off.

From my reading this is usually the bonnet sensor. I disconnected it. Still the random alarm. Disconnect the boot sensor. The hooting continues. Worked my way through each of the door sensors.

The camry is currently sitting in the carport with an evil grin, four door sensors, bonnet and boot sensor disconnected, still going off from time to time.

Q1: What other sensors are there that set the alarm off and where?

Q2: Can I disable the alarm completely? There is no box with a toggle switch under the fuse box nor is there a big red alarm button - just a button shaped console inset with a red led.

Cheers Paul:frown:

·
Toyota Fanatic
1,152 Posts
In that case you may need access to techstream to disable it if it is controlled by the ECU. I haven't worked much with OEM alarms just OEM remote starts.

Problem is, there is one more sensor/check for the OEM alarm, your key. I recall (but don't quote me) you need to insert the key within 10 seconds of the door opening if you do not disable it prior with a key fob. Unfortunately, you can't disconnect a sensor in your key tumbler for this. This also exists for aftermarket alarms/remote starts too which I have experience in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.