Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Celica GT
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a random miss on my 92 GT and just can't narrow it down so I'm just looking for suggestions at this point. I found a lot of idle issues posted, but most had to do with a roaming idle due to the ICV. I cleaned that and its very steady at idle but I still have my misfire. Its only once the engine has been run for a good ten minutes or more that I feel it. When driving, I feel no miss, only at idle. It happens at both the normal speed idle and the faster idle when the AC compressor kicks on.

I want to check the ignition timing to make sure thats in spec but so far in the past few months:

new plugs
new o2 sensor
new Coolant temp sensor
newer cap, rotor, and plug wires (PO did a tuneup right before I bought the car)

Cam timing is correct
No codes.

So, any ideas?

·
Registered
1992 Celica GT
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll double check the connections and use my stethoscope to make sure they're clicking away once its warmed up when there's a miss. The only other possible thing I can think of is maybe the ignition coil is becoming heat soaked but that is a very long shot.

·
Registered
1991 Toyota Celica
26 Posts
I agree.. I was going to say Ignition coil as well.. I had a random misfire situation as well that was solved with a new ignition coil. Only thing I can think of considering you've replaced everything else as far as I see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts