Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Highlander SE AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several hours after my vehicle is shut off, I noticed what sounds like a tiny air compressor sound will inexplicably come on for my 2019 Highlander SE. I only notice as I hear it when I go out to my garage for another reason. It literally sounds like a small air compressor coming from around the muffler area under the vehicle. Once I put the vehicle into Ignition On mode, it turns off and stays off. Has anyone run into this issue? This has happened twice (I have had the vehicle for a month) and I am concerned it will drain the battery if I don't happen to hear it and/or the vehicle is not in my quiet garage. Anyone experience something similar?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definitely a problem as the battery ages. It's a normal operation of the car but as the battery gets older it will be pulling the battery down unless they have some sort of sensor that would not let the pump run if the battery voltage drops to a certain point.But I don't know if that's the case.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Definitely a problem as the battery ages. It's a normal operation of the car but as the battery gets older it will be pulling the battery down unless they have some sort of sensor that would not let the pump run if the battery voltage drops to a certain point.But I don't know if that's the case.
Perhaps you have just answered one of the mysteries for some on what drained my battery (on the borderline between one more start and over the edge dead) over night...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts