Premium Member
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Can this fully block RFID when so much side and bottom of the phone is still exposed in it? I suspect it doesn't completely block RFID like a enclosed pouch does. Can anyone confirm my suspicions correct?

No, it can't. The physical block must be complete. This is why something like a gun safe or standard safe is not protected against EMP because the bolt holes that secure it to the foundation allow RF leakage. If you need a company to purchase from I can offer a couple. PM me.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,762 Posts
Jim, @05Moose, said he figured it out, but he never said how. He's been away on a trip, though, so I guess it will remain a mystery for a while.
Can we not multiple quote people again? or edit our response?? Not fully on board with this new format. ugh.
Ok, look like I figure it out. It's weird... just click the reply and the QUOTE appears... go to another and click reply and the QUOTE adds to the existing one.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Ok, look like I figure it out. It's weird... just click the reply and the QUOTE appears... go to another and click reply and the QUOTE adds to the existing one.
Would have been nice if VerticalScope had explained changes like that to users and volunteer staff alike, but....

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Kevin, I did reply to that other thread (which we no longer have access to) with the solution. Downside is that with the new software saving drafts, if you hit quote or do multi quotes and decide not to use them, you now have to delete the quoted content.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Would have been nice if VerticalScope had explained changes like that to users and volunteer staff alike, but....
Yeah, it's pretty bad when the users have to figure out how the software of the site works, when the administration staff has no clue either. I'm not singling you out Kev, as you're just a "premium member" now. I'm talking about users like cricket and that John M guy in the Community Help section.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,762 Posts
Kevin, I did reply to that other thread (which we no longer have access to) with the solution. Downside is that with the new software saving drafts, if you hit quote or do multi quotes and decide not to use them, you now have to delete the quoted content.
I don't see the point of that "saving drafts". We are not writing a long essay here to be turn in in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty bad when the users have to figure out how the software of the site works, when the administration staff has no clue either. I'm not singling you out Kev, as you're just a "premium member" now. I'm talking about users like cricket and that John M guy in the Community Help section.
Again, you'll get no argument from me. I related to VerticalScope that both regular users and volunteer staff being kept out of the information loop regarding forum changes was a bad thing. Time will tell if they take that information/suggestion to heart.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Again, you'll get no argument from me. I related to VerticalScope that both regular users and volunteer staff being kept out of the information loop regarding forum changes was a bad thing. Time will tell if they take that information/suggestion to heart.
For that to happen someone has to admit there was a screw up. That doesn't happen much at upper levels.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Oh trust me this kind of bs has been happening on forums for almost 20yrs now. Though it doesn't appear to be an identical situation here yet I knew a guy on another forum who was a lot like Kev political/personality wise who ran a big time conservative political forum. He nor his team had done anything wrong and ran the forum fairly yet the forum owner who is someone we've all heard of without any notice or following explanation removed him and all his admin/mods replacing them with a hostile team that banned all the good posters out of the forum over complete bs excuses who hadn't quit first from witnessing the wrongful takeover. I was one of the many non admin who quit because they ruined the forum for everyone in it.

I came here partly because of it and I've never supported that persons beliefs or listened to them again since then because they revealed themselves to be a complete fraud acting just like the nasty leftists they always lamented in their tv interviews, in all their books sold ect.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Oh trust me this kind of bs has been happening on forums for almost 20yrs now. Though it doesn't appear to be an identical situation here yet I knew a guy on another forum who was a lot like Kev political/personality wise who ran a big time conservative political forum. He nor his team had done anything wrong and ran the forum fairly yet the forum owner who is someone we've all heard of without any notice or following explanation removed him and all his admin/mods replacing them with a hostile team that banned all the good posters out of the forum over complete bs excuses who hadn't quit first from witnessing the wrongful takeover. I was one of the many non admin who quit because they ruined the forum for everyone in it.

I came here partly because of it and I've never supported that persons beliefs or listened to them again since then because they revealed themselves to be a complete fraud acting just like the nasty leftists they always lamented in their tv interviews, in all their books sold ect.
From what you're saying, it sounds like the drive accord forum. There's 1 guy on there who thinks he's god, and his poop don't stink. He's driving away users too.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts

From what you're saying, it sounds like the drive accord forum. There's 1 guy on there who thinks he's god, and his poop don't stink. He's driving away users too.
Like I mentioned before I suspect they may eliminate Off Topic in the coming months, and if they do I will no longer come here. We'd have to stay in touch via email until one of us finds a forum somewhere that we can hang out and post in the same manner, kind of like closing down a Cheers and opening a new one for Norm and the gang to hang out. LOL!

33581 - 33600 of 33676 Posts
About this Discussion
33.7K Replies
291 Participants
heartdisease
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing