Toyota Nation Forum banner

33621 - 33640 of 33677 Posts

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,762 Posts
PC is based on emotion, not common sense or even business sense. For example the recent discussion on the P&G write down of 8 Billion for Gillette.

Also FWIW the !st Amendment applies to the government, not private companies ( although that has been fought in court). However the customer/user has the ability to take their business elsewhere .
Or more accurately the current PC is base on the emotion of a bipolar nut case.

·
5,762 Posts
:unsure:

FedEx deliver my package over 300 miles in 2 days. Regular car drive only take one day but that would cost more. Anyway, it arrived at my local post office right now and the update say it will deliver no later than 9/9/2019. So it will sit there for 3 days at the post office. LOL The seller shipped it early so it will likely arrive early despite the 3 days sitting there not moving. Shit can happen like it will sit there for weeks, and gone missing... so I won't say I receive it until I actually received it.

I was watching a guy on youtube and he said he shipped some books to himself while he was traveling. So he packaged the books himself and shipped himself and when he got home the box arrived but the content inside was missing. They even post a note practically saying where the content was lost during transit. All the post office could give him was his fault for not buying insurance for the content inside. LOL

============= update ========

My package arrived. So the estimate delivery is way way off. LOL

·
Registered
808 Posts
:unsure:

FedEx deliver my package over 300 miles in 2 days. Regular car drive only take one day but that would cost more. Anyway, it arrived at my local post office right now and the update say it will deliver no later than 9/9/2019. So it will sit there for 3 days at the post office. LOL The seller shipped it early so it will likely arrive early despite the 3 days sitting there not moving. Shit can happen like it will sit there for weeks, and gone missing... so I won't say I receive it until I actually received it.

I was watching a guy on youtube and he said he shipped some books to himself while he was traveling. So he packaged the books himself and shipped himself and when he got home the box arrived but the content inside was missing. They even post a note practically saying where the content was lost during transit. All the post office could give him was his fault for not buying insurance for the content inside. LOL

============= update ========

My package arrived. So the estimate delivery is way way off. LOL
The tag said no LATER than 9-9-19 for delivery. That means it could come today, Saturday, or Sunday. And possibly as late as Monday. So instead, it came today. :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
But 3 days window is a little much wouldn't you say?
Not really. They also take into account weather conditions and traffic accidents in that 3 day window. It's really just an estimate on when your stuff will arrive. Maybe you'd rather have them say deliver it Friday, but get to your house Monday?

·
5,762 Posts
Not really. They also take into account weather conditions and traffic accidents in that 3 day window. It's really just an estimate on when your stuff will arrive. Maybe you'd rather have them say deliver it Friday, but get to your house Monday?
Have you ever get into weather condition that delay you for 3 days? Or how about there was an accident on route, would it delay you for 3 days? The longest I was stuck on a road was 4hrs, stuck as in there was a major accident and nobody were able to move for 4hrs.

The estimate should be within reason. And IMO 3 days window is stretching it to the level of "global warming" that said we'll die within 10 years since 1970s.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Have you ever get into weather condition that delay you for 3 days? Or how about there was an accident on route, would it delay you for 3 days? The longest I was stuck on a road was 4hrs, stuck as in there was a major accident and nobody were able to move for 4hrs.

The estimate should be within reason. And IMO 3 days window is stretching it to the level of "global warming" that said we'll die within 10 years since 1970s.
Yeah, but you're forgetting your dealing with idiots. They type in your address, and it spits out a date. If it's shipped from across country, you know it'll be 5 to 10 days before you'll see it.
The 300 mile distance is about 2 to 3 days shipping on average. This is mostly due to pick up and delivery times. Our shop used to do drop offs at 10:30 am, and afternoon pickups at 2:30 pm. So if the guy shipped it out in mid afternoon, it'll get on the truck going to the big distribution center, then get on a truck heading toward your town, then get get sorted to get on the truck that takes it to your house. That might be 2 or 3 days all by itself. This is all provided there are no traffic issues, the guy loading it on the right truck, and people actually doing their jobs. I've had an engine that was shipped from Wisconsin go west to Montana before someone figured out it got put on the wrong truck before. That alone added 2+ days to the shipping. If humans are involved, anything can happen.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,643 Posts
went to my first live rodeo. It was amazing! Of course those cowgirls. Yummy!!! and it was nice to be at an event that didn't bash America or American's etc. Also they prayed before the show!! They were respectful and said we respect you and your beliefs but we expect that in return. I liked that. I didn't mind the prayer cause that's what I do. But what a novel concept, people with different values getting a long, not shouting at each other and demonizing each other. Sure we don't have to like each other but at least be civil ya know??? It was great!

·
5,762 Posts
Yeah, but you're forgetting your dealing with idiots. They type in your address, and it spits out a date. If it's shipped from across country, you know it'll be 5 to 10 days before you'll see it.
The 300 mile distance is about 2 to 3 days shipping on average. This is mostly due to pick up and delivery times. Our shop used to do drop offs at 10:30 am, and afternoon pickups at 2:30 pm. So if the guy shipped it out in mid afternoon, it'll get on the truck going to the big distribution center, then get on a truck heading toward your town, then get get sorted to get on the truck that takes it to your house. That might be 2 or 3 days all by itself. This is all provided there are no traffic issues, the guy loading it on the right truck, and people actually doing their jobs. I've had an engine that was shipped from Wisconsin go west to Montana before someone figured out it got put on the wrong truck before. That alone added 2+ days to the shipping. If humans are involved, anything can happen.
When you through in idiot, all estimate go out the window so why bother with the estimate? LOL

Estimate base on average.

Anyway, it's all good. I order it online cause I don't urgently need it. It's sad that this item isn't available in store. More and more I find stuff that I might urgently need aren't available in store. It's really sad.

Again this remind me of Atlas Shrug, to come down to the basic necessity such as nail or copper wires and it's not available because those businesses are all put out of business due to government regulations claiming they aren't good to the environment or some other shit they can dig up with their trillion laws that contradict each other.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
went to my first live rodeo. It was amazing! Of course those cowgirls. Yummy!!! and it was nice to be at an event that didn't bash America or American's etc. Also they prayed before the show!! They were respectful and said we respect you and your beliefs but we expect that in return. I liked that. I didn't mind the prayer cause that's what I do. But what a novel concept, people with different values getting a long, not shouting at each other and demonizing each other. Sure we don't have to like each other but at least be civil ya know??? It was great!
Gee, such a hateful thing to pray in public. Just ask Drew Brees.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
From what I heard, she died in a land speed crash, doing 136mph.
I guess when they close this thread or topic down, I'll probably go back to spending time at my old haunt (this week end it's getting some site updates). I don't tweet, or facebook, or really any other form of social media.
I will say this though, since the site change I've seen more Toyota ads, even some in Spanish. For a Canadian company, I would have thought they would be in French for the "French Canadians". IDK, maybe there are more South Americans in Canada than I thought.:unsure: Sorry with the Obama designed smiles, this is as close to a shrug as I can find.
In my previous post I've since realized I was thinking of another chick who has a show with two other women fixing cars. They do look a like in my defense but I admit my mistake in fairness.

I shot a skunk on my property last night. Despite putting tomato soup on the ground where it sprayed a little bit I can still smell it there. I was not upwind so some smell got on my clothes too but one less skunk having babies to stink up the place numerous times is a good thing.

33621 - 33640 of 33677 Posts
About this Discussion
33.7K Replies
291 Participants
Corrolla clone
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing