Toyota Nation Forum banner

*rant* buying a camry

1585 27
so we saw this sweet 3rd gen... really clean, i test drove it and all. My parents were going later during the day to seal the deal... well my dad calls him half hour before the appointment like the guy had asked us to do and now he said the alternator went bad and he wants to replace it before he sells it.....

okay, so the car has been sittin on the side of the street all week. He lets me drive it on the freeway and roads and the car started up fine and no problem. He doesn't even drive the car anymore because he had his own car... now all of a sudden the alternator died? freakin if he wants to hold off or sell it to someone else, why can't people just say it. Not like he's ever gonna see us again. So frustrating! :mad:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
4,078 Posts
I've yet to see a 3rd gen camry (like yours) with the front bumper w/o license tag holes (and that bumper looks impressive for its age, no scrapes, no leftover bug removal marks, nada). The corners looks nicer and the headlights look oxidized. Overall Nadir - just get that front end inspected......unless someone got into a front end collission and got it repainted professionally and wanted to hide a BIGGER accident. Good luck with your purchase!

· Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
4,078 Posts
some kids are like such - foolish seller. Bottomline - let him know that ANY buyer who wants a paper transaction (not just you guys) would expect transfer of title. If he cannot get that released from his in-laws - he's going tohave the problem not only with you guys..but with others as well. Why bother putting back in the market, when you have a buyer (willing and able) to buy it.

· Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
4,078 Posts
wov, what drama...buying a car should be easier than that. I remember when i sold my celi, i got the cash, and signed off on the title and told the buyer..you write in how much you bought it for ;) Didn't got to the DMV, nothing..just called up insurance and told them to drop the car from our policies....Good luck Nadir..and word of advise: let your young bro' get used to the car before you mod to it.

· Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
4,078 Posts
nadir said:
this guy is not willing to communicate so what can we do.
Essentially keep a detailed log on your conversations.(when/what date/what transpired)..if you have an address, send a delivery confirmation indicating the samelog and your indication to buy the car if title is transfered..or your deposit back (for proof). Cus' i'm guessing the guy is going to call the cops and say you guys are holding his property! GOOD LUCK!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.