Toyota Nation Forum banner

*rant* buying a camry

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  jhbhatia 
#1 ·
so we saw this sweet 3rd gen... really clean, i test drove it and all. My parents were going later during the day to seal the deal... well my dad calls him half hour before the appointment like the guy had asked us to do and now he said the alternator went bad and he wants to replace it before he sells it.....

okay, so the car has been sittin on the side of the street all week. He lets me drive it on the freeway and roads and the car started up fine and no problem. He doesn't even drive the car anymore because he had his own car... now all of a sudden the alternator died? freakin if he wants to hold off or sell it to someone else, why can't people just say it. Not like he's ever gonna see us again. So frustrating! :mad:

#28 ·
nadir said:
this guy is not willing to communicate so what can we do.
Essentially keep a detailed log on your conversations.(when/what date/what transpired)..if you have an address, send a delivery confirmation indicating the samelog and your indication to buy the car if title is transfered..or your deposit back (for proof). Cus' i'm guessing the guy is going to call the cops and say you guys are holding his property! GOOD LUCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.