Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spotted this on ebay and have not yet seen a single 09 like it. Its in the new color Timberland Mica. I was under the impression this color wasnt available for the TRD Sport package, or so the new Tacoma brochure says. Figured this might spark an interest from a few members on here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1308

....mods, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I figured it would get the most hits in here.

·
Can hold his own
2009 Tacoma AC
135 Posts
That's the color I'm buying my '09 in. It's available for any version of the Tacoma, but according to my dealer it's not in very high demand. I have to wait 2-3 months for it to be ordered and delivered from the factory.

·
Registered
09 Taco, 94 Camaro
139 Posts
I bought my Timberland Mica Sport AC V6 AT last November. They were readily available in that color back then.

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, i have yet to see a single sport in that color. only 1 off road and that was on here and wasnt a double cab. i guess its just what region of the US you live in. none around here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The number of Tacomas in general around here has shot up over the past year or so, but I've only seen one of that color on the lot and one driving around. Don't remember if it was a Sport or not, but I do remember doing a double-take (since the color is kind of rare still).

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'd guess that there are more folks trading in their V8 rattletraps for Tacomas than trading Tacomas for more fuel efficient cars?...

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
Love this colour! Getting it with the SR5 package so I can have the beige cab. I like the brighter interior, and the contrast with the green :) The only thing I'll miss is the higher rated towing capacity from the sport...

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Since that price includes a $1,250 rebate, then it's $1,250 too high. $27,550 is a good price for that truck *before* a rebate, not after.

·
Georgia
1,197 Posts
Love this colour! Getting it with the SR5 package so I can have the beige cab. I like the brighter interior, and the contrast with the green :) The only thing I'll miss is the higher rated towing capacity from the sport...
sr5, TRD Off Road and Sport all have the same towing capacity (6500#) IF equipped with an optional Towing package: hitch receiver, 2d tranny cooler (AT), oil cooler, bigger alternator, bigger battery and wiring for the brake controller.

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
sr5, TRD Off Road and Sport all have the same towing capacity (6500#) IF equipped with an optional Towing package: hitch receiver, 2d tranny cooler (AT), oil cooler, bigger alternator, bigger battery and wiring for the brake controller.

*Notes to discuss with Dealer...*

The SR5 package only seems to have the option for a 5000lb hitch...

·
Georgia
1,197 Posts
Even if you do not tow, the factory tow package is nice to have. 2nd AT cooler will help your tranny last longer, bigger alternator means bigger sound system, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They had on at the local dealer 2 months ago when I was looking. I really like the color but I wanted 4x4 and LB, this had niether. But, I agree, it is a sharp truck.

·
dont think just do it
211 Posts
I really like that color, I have never seen one in person so I guess they are pretty rare where I live.

·
Registered
2009 TM DblCb Tacoma
94 Posts
I really like that color, I have never seen one in person so I guess they are pretty rare where I live.
There's three on the lot in the town where I live, all SR5 DC Auto LB. There was an access cab, and a DC Manual SB before too. I've only seen it available on SR5 packages in Canada so far, and they all have the beige interior.

I really like green...

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL....looks like this truck isnt as rare as i thought. well why havent any of you Timberland Micas posted pics in "The Official Show Your Truck Thread"? i've only seen pics of 1 on here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts