Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I have an access cab..

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but it's pretty hard figuring out if it's a duplicate or not given that there several "rattle" related threads on this forum.

after learning today that there are TSBs on both the "cab mount" and "annoyingly squeaking leaf springs issues, I decided to take another look at my diabolical rattling coming from the passenger side of the truck.

In the past, I believe I read that someone nailed it down to the seat belt. I think that particular post said it was seat belt banging on the interior of the truck.

It seems to me that it's not the seat belt buckle banging on the interior of the truck (thats a different noise).. It seems to me that something in the interior of the door related to the seat belt is what is rattling. If I have a passenger (with buckled seat belt) there is no rattle (this particular rattle). If I buckle the seat belt with no passenger, there is no rattle.

Does anyone agree? If so, is there any fix for this?? i.e., something we can do inside the door to fix the @#% rattle? I am going to start driving with the passenger seat belt buckled but would prefer a better fix.

LATE

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
21 Posts
Try searching on " interior noise " on this forum. I do remember someone also had a fix
by removing the panel with the seatbelt retractor on it and placed some "plastic milk jug "
shims on either side of the tensioner shaft.

·
Registered
848 Posts
coloradotaco said:
First of all, I have an access cab..

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but it's pretty hard figuring out if it's a duplicate or not given that there several "rattle" related threads on this forum.

after learning today that there are TSBs on both the "cab mount" and "annoyingly squeaking leaf springs issues, I decided to take another look at my diabolical rattling coming from the passenger side of the truck.

In the past, I believe I read that someone nailed it down to the seat belt. I think that particular post said it was seat belt banging on the interior of the truck.

It seems to me that it's not the seat belt buckle banging on the interior of the truck (thats a different noise).. It seems to me that something in the interior of the door related to the seat belt is what is rattling. If I have a passenger (with buckled seat belt) there is no rattle (this particular rattle). If I buckle the seat belt with no passenger, there is no rattle.

Does anyone agree? If so, is there any fix for this?? i.e., something we can do inside the door to fix the @#% rattle? I am going to start driving with the passenger seat belt buckled but would prefer a better fix.

LATE
Dude, this sounds like what your talking about

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t84909.html

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that's definitely it.. sorry i didn't find that before posting. The weird thing is that I don't really see any results from MikeX..

I wonder if he fixed it..

·
Registered
848 Posts
coloradotaco said:
yeah that's definitely it.. sorry i didn't find that before posting. The weird thing is that I don't really see any results from MikeX..

I wonder if he fixed it..
Yeah, I know the pics used to be there (it's kind of useless w/out them), there was another thread that he posted in, w/more info, but I couldn't find it. I'm 99% sure that it was a successful fix. He basically used homemade washers/c-clips on either side of the seat belt tensioner hub to stop the side to side movement, which stopped the rattling. Try to PM MikeX and let him know the pictures aren't showing up on that thread, it must have something to do w/ his account on whatever site hosts them. Cam2XRunner (moderator) may be able to help also. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The only rattling I hear coming from the passenger side of my truck is my wife talking. :whatwhat:

·
Registered
848 Posts
PDXJoe said:
The only rattling I hear coming from the passenger side of my truck is my wife talking. :whatwhat:
I think there's a TSB for that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was having this rattle and after reading this thread I made my dealer aware of it. He ordered the seat belt tensioner and called me several days later for the install. After they removed my tensioner they realized that they received the wrong part, so they put mine right back.
Guess what....NO MORE RATTLE SINCE THEN:clap: Maybe this on-and-off is a fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rattle on 2008 taco pre-rnr

My awesome new 08Taco TRD with only 600 miles has a annoying rattle sound when going over bumps/rough road surfaces. Seems to be coming from inside the cab. I have an appt. on Fri. with dealership service dept.
Hoping for ideas before I meet with them from others with similar exp.
Thanks

·
Mom'sgonnafixitallsoon
47 Posts
I would not be in a hurry to have the dealer try to find a rattle unless you think it's a serious problem. I'd drive it some more to see if I could figure out where it's coming from. I would only have the dealer hack around on my interior as a last resort. You have plenty of warranty time to get it done later if you can't figure it, and the other ones, out.

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
I would not be in a hurry to have the dealer try to find a rattle unless you think it's a serious problem. I'd drive it some more to see if I could figure out where it's coming from. I would only have the dealer hack around on my interior as a last resort. You have plenty of warranty time to get it done later if you can't figure it, and the other ones, out.
+1...more than likely the dealer is going to use the famous "We couldn't replicate the problem, therefore there is nothing we can do" excuse. Your best bet is to isolate where exactly the noise is coming from and see if you can eliminate it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts