Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to adjust the antenna because it was coming loose?

There is a nut on the base that looks like you would use it to tighten it up but it just turns the whole assembly. I managed to jam it in place so it doesn't move but it won't last forever.

How do you tighten up the radio antenna onto the fender, or how do you remove it? Can you get to the inside of the fender panel? I couldn't see a way.

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
You need to remove the fender wheel well liner, and hope the plastic "stabilizer" base is not broken, I just took mine off, not worth it to me to havea rattling 'tennae or one tha trides at a 45 degree back sweep. In dash MP3 player keeps me from getting bored. That and the weather broadcast stations on my CB (monday.....January..Twenty..nine........) that guy is so jovial and entertaining, hehehehhehehe

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Ha ha, yeah, mine broke too! I broke it off going through some tight trees! Take out the inner fender well and get to work!

·
Fixing 1 Piece at a Time
89 4x4 Pickup
121 Posts
I remember seeing an interior antenna in a magazine. It may have been Summit. It's horizontal and can fit under the dash. Then you can cover over the original fender hole. I'm not sure if it gets less reception or not though.

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
Silver, it was amde for the classic car industry, and they do not work as well, from what i remember when I worked in the Classic Car industry. :)

·
Languishing in Virginia
1994 XtraCab 4x4 P/U
2,026 Posts
jcfb said:
Ha ha, yeah, mine broke too! I broke it off going through some tight trees! Take out the inner fender well and get to work!
Musta been one'a them Western Diamondback antennaes!:clap:

pee_cup: Holy Crap! You have really been racking up on posts--you have almost 200 more than me and I've been her a LOT longer than you....diarrhea of the keyboard?!?

·
Fixing 1 Piece at a Time
89 4x4 Pickup
121 Posts
Rivethed, that's kinda what I heard about them, that they don't work as well as the exterior ones. I'm pretty sure I saw them in some offroad magazine. I'll have to see if I still have the magazine. I guess if you're in an area that has good signal, like a city, then they should work fine. Or is it really that big of a difference in how well they work?

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
fix the oe, or go MP3 only, My opinion.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's pretty common. Sometimes it's just the bolt loose, but your mast is probably broken. Crutchfield.com has an aftermarket replacement that looks ok.

·
Registered
Land Cruiser kzj95
91 Posts
Mine broke when it hit a treelimb. Since my paint is crap anyway, I just took off the fender and welded the hole shut, smoothed it, then painted my front end with tractor paint.

I have a CB, the CB antenna is mounted on a custom bracket that comes up between the hood and fender on the driver side.

I just copied the CB antennas mount and mounted a new universal antenna (You know, the ones that have the spring at the bottom.) for the radio on the passenger side. It won´t break, easily replaceble, greater reception and looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts