Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on this forum
I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla S with lots of miles on it probably about 70,000 we have used the heck out of this car, as you can see
Our concern is that we hear a rattling noise in our engine when we put it in reverse and drive right as its starting to go it makes a rattling noise it sounds like its coming from the engine we replace the fuel gasket it is not doing the rattling anymore while its idling but as soon as you put in into reverse or drive and start to go it makes that rattling sound once you speed up it goes away. Any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated!! I do a lot of driving to and from work and would like to know as soon as anyone can help because I need to know if I am damaging the car more if I continue to drive it like this until I can fix it. Thank you so much!!!

·
Banned
245 Posts
ehisel, next time tyou need gas.. put premium in.. ya don't gotta fill the tank.. I know premium in california must cost an assload right now.

Just try to run your current tank of fuel out as low as possible.. and then put a couple gallons of premium in.. see if it does it then.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Heat shield? Does it only show when the car is cold and disappear when the car is warm?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts