Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rattling tach....not sure if its coming from teh tach but definatley from behind the cluster somewhere. Almost sounds like a bearing or something is shot when the RPM's go around 4000 +. Anyone ever had this, or know how to fix it?

(89 rolla sr5)

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Speedo cable has water in it and its frozen.. happens to me all the time when its very cold.. mine screams like a banshee at 4000rpm. :lol:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah..it's f'n sweet. Waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Lol..I know the sound all too well.

·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But even when im on highway it still makes that noise its kind of annoying.

Easy fix? or rather inexpensive fix?

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Yes, even on the highway till it warms up.. I usually just crank the tunes. :lol:

Cost: as much as buying the cable and DIY or take it to a shop and pay for it to be done.

You think its bad now.. wait till its -20 outside.. :ugh3:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah..sometiems you go, it's retardedly loud..you pull over..wait..you think it's warmed up..u go and then wahhhhhh...it's a vicious cycle. :)

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
LOL I don't pullover dude.. it takes me like 15mins to get home from work.. by the time I get home the car is warm enough that the noise is gone. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also on a side note for some strange reason my car wont go into 4th until its warmed up for like 5 minutes. So ims tuck on the highway doing 90 at 4500 rpms for a couple minutes. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
it's the speedo not the tach. Tach is eletric... Like they say it's the cable. Whats worring me is the trans screaming lol. Does it when it warms up. SO I am thinking it's the oil
the radio hides all that shit :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
You guys just gotta watse mroe ga slike I do. I let ym car warm up for like 20 minutes. lol..I warm my car like that one infomercial says. "Set it and forget it!"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Take the wire out of the speedo and lube it with engine oil and stick it back in. Fixed mine for another 30KM and then I sold the car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
^I jsut don't think it'd be the same car if It didn't yell at you for driving on cold mornings..It's like even the car thinks you'd have to be a retard to do anything on such a cold day.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know what the retard comment is about. I am just saying that mine got fixed with a bit lube and I returned the $125 new cable to the dealership and got a refund.

·
Registered
200 Posts

I have a rattling tach too in the cold... I posted up about it on another forum and several people told me the same thing about pulling off the tach and putting oil down the speedo cable.
MIKEY

·
Registered
953 Posts
89molavi said:
I don't know what the retard comment is about. I am just saying that mine got fixed with a bit lube and I returned the $125 new cable to the dealership and got a refund.
I wans't callign you a retard, I was saying, our cars making the noise is it saying "hey ae92 owner, go back to sleep, it's cold you retard"

·
Registered
356 Posts
TokyoRacer said:
I wans't callign you a retard, I was saying, our cars making the noise is it saying "hey ae92 owner, go back to sleep, it's cold you retard"
Thanks for the clarification. At least I know "you" don't think I am a retard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts