Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rattling tach....not sure if its coming from teh tach but definatley from behind the cluster somewhere. Almost sounds like a bearing or something is shot when the RPM's go around 4000 +. Anyone ever had this, or know how to fix it?

(89 rolla sr5)

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
Speedo cable has water in it and its frozen.. happens to me all the time when its very cold.. mine screams like a banshee at 4000rpm. :lol:

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
Yes, even on the highway till it warms up.. I usually just crank the tunes. :lol:

Cost: as much as buying the cable and DIY or take it to a shop and pay for it to be done.

You think its bad now.. wait till its -20 outside.. :ugh3:

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,674 Posts
LOL I don't pullover dude.. it takes me like 15mins to get home from work.. by the time I get home the car is warm enough that the noise is gone. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Pow! Right in the Kisser!
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also on a side note for some strange reason my car wont go into 4th until its warmed up for like 5 minutes. So ims tuck on the highway doing 90 at 4500 rpms for a couple minutes. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
953 Posts
^I jsut don't think it'd be the same car if It didn't yell at you for driving on cold mornings..It's like even the car thinks you'd have to be a retard to do anything on such a cold day.

·
Registered
953 Posts
89molavi said:
I don't know what the retard comment is about. I am just saying that mine got fixed with a bit lube and I returned the $125 new cable to the dealership and got a refund.
I wans't callign you a retard, I was saying, our cars making the noise is it saying "hey ae92 owner, go back to sleep, it's cold you retard"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.