Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on this forum
I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla S with lots of miles on it probably about 70,000 we have used the heck out of this car, as you can see :( Our concern is that we hear a rattling noise in our engine when we put it in reverse and drive right as its starting to go it makes a rattling noise it sounds like its coming from the engine we replace the fuel gasket it is not doing the rattling anymore while its idling but as soon as you put in into reverse or drive and start to go it makes that rattling sound once you speed up it goes away. Any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated!! I do a lot of driving to and from work and would like to know as soon as anyone can help because I need to know if I am damaging the car more if I continue to drive it like this until I can fix it. Thank you so much!!!

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Could be exhuast related. (?) Cat. converter shields (loose)sometimes make a tinny rattling noise like that. :dunno: I wouldnt think a car as new as that would be anything major. Have you tried higher octane gas?
Oh, and by the way...WELCOME
MCTOY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did change the Fuel gasket for whatever reason we thought it could be that :confused:
Now we think it could be motor mounts needing to be replaced??? The engine is moving a lot when its in park. We will try what you suggest do you think its possible that it could be the motor mounts?? Is that something that could be done from home and do you have any idea how much this will be:confused:

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
I've heard a few people w/newer cars have found loose motor mounts. I think one even had a picture of the bolt sticking up. I dont know if they could actually have gone bad or not, being it is so new.....
Good luck
MCTOY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts