Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this RAV4 since 2007 and was running very good until 2009. On one morning the starter wouldn't start even after clicking the ignition keys several times. After five minutes I tried the ignition again and it started. I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the starter in the first place.

There was no problem for few weeks and then again the same problem came up. Now the dealer ran diagnostic test and did not find anything wrong in the circuit. The next is replace a new Battery. No trouble for two weeks and again the same problem on some days.The problem is mostly seen in the morning times. Now I have to try clicking few time and after six time by releasing the hand brake it starts.

But this is not a permanent cure for this. Any suggestions please

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

My 2007 Rav V6 is starting hard, it takes a couple of times to start. I have about 38,000 miles on it. Is there a problem here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exact same problem. Had a hard time to start once in a while, and still having the same issue after changing a new battery...

Any idea? It's a 2008 v6 with 50000km, or 32000 miles....

·
Registered
2019 Avalon Touring 1997 Supra
321 Posts
My mom's 2007 RAV4 V6 Sport has the same issue, it takes a couple cranks for it to start. The car has 37000 miles, are there any recalls or TSBs? I did a search and nothing came up.

·
RAV4World.com @dmin
2008 RAV4 V6 Limited
64 Posts
My mom's 2007 RAV4 V6 Sport has the same issue, it takes a couple cranks for it to start. The car has 37000 miles, are there any recalls or TSBs? I did a search and nothing came up.
I recommend getting the battery load tested. If it's the original battery, they start getting weak after 2 years. In fact mine was replaced under warranty after just over 2 years because of this very problem. No more slow starts since then!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yea, she got it tested at Advanced Auto and found out the battery is bad. She had the car just little over 3 years so its not covered under warranty according to the dealer. So we will be replacing the battery.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Update: Got an Interstate battery 1.5 weeks ago and no starting issues so far. The weather here has been in the 50s the Rav4 starts up fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts