Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I am puzzled....
Rav4 EV = Rav4 Hybrid maybe?
Tesla cord & computer = VCI cable and Techstream software maybe?
Good questions!

OK, I got a 2014 Toyota rav4 EV won't run need to find somebody with Tesla cord & computer to plug into car to pull codes, Tesla codes on a Toyota , I live in Ohio near Toledo.
Can you clarify why do you need "Tesla cord" or do you really mean OBD-II scanner (or specifically OBD-II connector via VCI cable to USB connection to a PC to run TIS software for diagnostics)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well
Good questions!

Can you clarify why do you need "Tesla cord" or do you really mean OBD-II scanner (or specifically OBD-II connector via VCI cable to USB connection to a PC to run TIS software for diagnostics)?
it's a rav 4 EV = ELECTRIC CAR! goggle it they made them , tesla drive line, mine 2014 last year for them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good questions!

no, it's a rav4 electric car! to save me time just google this, rav4 EV toyota body tesla drive line, mine is a 2014 google it.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
no, it's a rav4 electric car! to save me time just google this, rav4 EV toyota body tesla drive line, mine is a 2014 google it.
I believe this forum is more for the gasoline versions of the RAV4; there is a separate Hybrid RAV4 forum, with your EV (I guess it's a California only vehicle, may have a better luck under the Hybrid group, there is no need for me to google here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the 4th gen Rav4 forum. There were never 4th Rav4 EV. You need to ask in the 3rd gen forum.
really?? mine is a 2014 rav4 what is that? these are through out the united states, where meant for California, and I am on the rav4 EV site now, these bastardized rav4's where built by Toyota with a p.o.s. tesla drive system looking for help toyota does not want to back up Tesla tells us to go to Toyota, can't get help, that's why I am asking for help.

·
Super Moderator
9,393 Posts
RAV4 EV was briefly produced by Toyota, for California sales only, when T owned Tesla. That was short love, T parted with Tesla, RAV 4 EV was produced in several hundred numbers and that was it. Musk, in best Bill Gates tradition, picked Tesla on a cheap, as dying company, and marketed it into what it is now.
There is ONE owner here who owns one. he calls it yard fixture and HATES all EV cars. Apparently, was very bad experience.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
never mine I found it can't get on the site can't join
thankyou
RAV4 EV was briefly produced by Toyota, for California sales only, when T owned Tesla. That was short love, T parted with Tesla, RAV 4 EV was produced in several hundred numbers and that was it. Musk, in best Bill Gates tradition, picked Tesla on a cheap, as dying company, and marketed it into what it is now.
There is ONE owner here who owns one. he calls it yard fixture and HATES all EV cars. Apparently, was very bad experience.
I think that was me! ever since I bought this toyota won't repair, & biggest problem is with failure of the tesla components , walked in to tesla to get part( all Tesla parts have Tesla part numbers on them) once they seen the toyota part number too refused to sell part, I did get a look in the Tesla parts changing center( Tesla service center) what I seen convinced me to never buy a Tesla! the service area was loaded up with pallets of replacement parts for there cars, I am waiting for the shoe to fall as there cars come of of warranty they will be in for a expensive repair bills for a unreliable car. that's why Toyota split off it was not a good marriage they knew it was best to part ways to save there stellar reliability record. Good move but, back up what has your name on it! btw Benz used the same Tesla drive line about the same time ran into the same issues ( p.o.s. reliability) pulled all of the cars bought back etc... and destroyed them. good move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.