Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf hit a hanging branch that knocked off the mirror on the passenger side mirror. The 'arm' is still there but the front mirror fell out. Along the road that branch has taken out about 15 mirrors (all scattered on the road.) Here's a pic.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/tetrisAttack713/

We recoverd the piece that fell out with the cracked mirror, can I just replace the mirror? or do i need to replace that whole casing that is attached to the back of the mirror? It is a 2010 rav 4 i believe.. And ive seen some forums say they have to remove the door panel. is that true? thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice mirror collection.
You'll need to replace the entire assembly. And most of the
time, you'll need to remove the inner panel.
PM me VIN and I'll pull some details for you ASAP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Cocacola,

I just did the same thing to my mirror. What did you end up getting for you girlfriend? All I've seen for sale is just the glass or the entire frame which attaches to the car. But I need the casing and the glass, not the frame.

Thanks!
Judy

·
2010 RAV4
2010 Toyota RAV4
3 Posts
Did the same.

I did the same thing and got part numbers for the pieces I need; however, I am told that I need 2 pins that may or may not be included with the part with the mirror glass. The part number is 8793142B40. Does anyone know if those 2 pins are included with that part? It's the 2 pins that need to be inserted into the glass adjustment mechanism.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I did the same thing and got part numbers for the pieces I need; however, I am told that I need 2 pins that may or may not be included with the part with the mirror glass. The part number is 8793142B40. Does anyone know if those 2 pins are included with that part? It's the 2 pins that need to be inserted into the glass adjustment mechanism.
Checked on this for you, we don't carry just the glass. We do carry the whole assembly which includes free shipping in the lower 48 states. Not sure if this helps out, but here's a link to them on our website.

Toyota Rav4 Mirror

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts