Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my battery in our 97 Rav4. Unfortunately tried to put it in backward. Blew the 100A fuse on the positive terminal. Put battery in correctly and replaced the fuse. Went to start the engine and it cranks and all accessories work but the car won't turn over. I'm guessing something else is still screwed up. Checked all the other fuses, everything seems ok. Any ideas on what else to check for? Almost seems like it's not getting any gas.

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, tested it and even took it out to make sure it wasn't blown. Tried swapping the EFI relay as well. Unfortunately I don't have a manual for this car so I'm not sure what else to check. As I mentioned everything seems to have power, the engines cranks just doesn't get started.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up pulling all the fuses one by one. Found an ECM fuse that was blown, but not blown enough to be found with a fuse tester. When I put the fuse tester to the fuse, it would make just enough contact for the green light to go on but not enough obviously to get the engine going. Replaced the fuse and everything is back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts