Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the Rav4's V6, the same that's in the Avalon, has 269 hp vs. 268 for the Avalon? I know it's a marginal difference, but does it have to do with exaust on the Rav, or did Toyota upgrade it?

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
It's probably just tuned differently like the I4 on the RAV4 compared to the one on the Camry. The HP peak on the Camry is earlier.
With the V6, the Avalon has more torque.

It could also result from the new way to measure horsepower and how the engines have different accessories hooked up to it when the measurements are made.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
If I have to guess, intake/exhaust manifolds might be routed differently resulting in slight difference in horsepower/torque.

And even you got 2 identical vehicles with the same engine from the same factory, actual output (properly measured from dyno) can vary.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
what ekam said. jsut because it is the same engine does not mean it is the same as far as intake and exhaust routing and things of that nature. ALl of that can affect HP.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
yeah just look at the VQ(if that is the correct engine code for the nissan V6), the hp numbers vary between the quest, altima, maxima, fx, g35, g35 coupe, 350z and probly somthing else Im forgetting as well. All the same engine, almost all different numbers.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Look at our own imzfe's, with those on a Es the numbers were more like 200hp, on a camry they were like 192hp when they began in gen3's, and then later 210 for those with vvti!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts