Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clarify whether there is a SAFE way to mute the navigation directions while you are on a call using the bluetooth? All of the posts I am able to find talk about accessing the audio settings console and shifting balance between center speakers and peripheral ones during the call which is a ridiculous option if you are driving down the highway at 65 mph. I can't believe there isn't a setting somewhere that automatically toggles between the audio sources. Any ideas? Sorry, for what a Rav4 Hybrid Limited runs this should be a no-brainer.

·
8,211 Posts
Not that I know of. I have even more expensive toy, NX200t, which is spendy RAV4, and it's dumb as a peg. "Currently Lexus does not offer solution to your question".

·
Registered
2019 XLE Premium AWD
439 Posts
I dunno if this will help, I've never been on a call when getting nav prompts, but you can increase phone call volume on the head unit phone call screen and decrease nav prompt volume in Apps>Setup>Voice, they're likely the same, but worth a try, good luck.

·
Registered
Rav4 Hybrid
86 Posts
I can't try it.. but the MODE button is your "mute" button. Press and hold for a few seconds. But it just changes to a different input.

I remembered this question... yes, the Infosystem has a "off volume" button. Just press the volume button. It turns off the sound, not the system. So there is your mute unless that also turns off the phone volume.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts