Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Camry
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found what looks like a razor blade from utility knife with break off blades or a staple in my tire. I'm thinking about pulling it out with a pair of pliers.

Can I test for leaks spraying diluted Simple Green over the area? I'm thinking the escaping air should cause bubbles to form.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
spray it with some soapy water. if you have bubbles then for sure it is leaking there. IF no bubbles then you can pull it out and then hope for no leaking air. depending on how much tread is on your ties and where the staple/blade is located it is probably jsut in the tread ind will not cause the tire to loose air.

·
Registered
Camry
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's in a tread block about 2 inches from the sidewall. If it did puncture the tire at all, it should be repairable since it looks very small object. I had a wood screw in my tire once that didn't cause a leak. It's nothing like the rebar I got in my tire last time that destroyed the tire.

·
Registered
Camry
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled the object out and it was a break away piece of razor from a utility knife. It only got stuck in the tread block as far as I can tell. I sprayed it several times with diluted Simple Green for about 5 minutes and did not see any bubbles. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.