Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 22RE Intake Manifold Removal

I;m replacing the head gasket, found the 6mm allen bolt. Whats the best way
to remove the bolt , having a little trouble
thanks
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 22RE Intake Manifold Removal

When all else fails;;;;;; You may have to do what I had to do! Drill through
the bolt head with a 5/16 bit and insert a fairly long "drift pin". Then
lightly tap on the drift pin until you break the bolt loose. A new bolt from
Toyota runs $1.87. Worked for me.If you have stripped the allen head out (
not unheard of), you can turn the bolt with needle nose vise grips.
Bill
"dale_t63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected].
> I;m replacing the head gasket, found the 6mm allen bolt. Whats the best
> way
> to remove the bolt , having a little trouble
> thanks
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 22RE Intake Manifold Removal

CORRECTION, CORRECTION************** That's a 3/16 bit. Sorry,fingers
too big!
Bill
"Bill Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When all else fails;;;;;; You may have to do what I had to do! Drill
> through the bolt head with a 5/16 bit and insert a fairly long "drift
> pin". Then lightly tap on the drift pin until you break the bolt loose. A
> new bolt from Toyota runs $1.87. Worked for me.If you have stripped the
> allen head out ( not unheard of), you can turn the bolt with needle nose
> vise grips.
> Bill
> "dale_t63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected].
>> I;m replacing the head gasket, found the 6mm allen bolt. Whats the best
>> way
>> to remove the bolt , having a little trouble
>> thanks
>>

>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 22RE Intake Manifold Removal

Thanks Bill, The allen bolt is stripped(gr-rrr) How does a drift pin work?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 22RE Intake Manifold Removal

Did you get my response? Didn't show up on the newsgroup!! If not ,I'll
resend.
Bill
"dale_t63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected].
> Thanks Bill, The allen bolt is stripped(gr-rrr) How does a drift pin work?
>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
intake removal

I just signed up today after reading the thread about problems removing the intake manifold I purchased the haynes guide and it didn't say anything about removing that 6mm allen head bolt I tried everything to remove the intake as I was replacing the head gasket so I pulled the head with the intake on it then after reading this thread I got out my trusty 6mm allen wrench and sure enough the intake came off!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Thanks for the help me and my 1994 toyota 4x4 pick-up are very grateful
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top