Toyota Nation Forum banner

re....don't bake your tail lights :)

1699 Views 22 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Silver Streak
in an effort to help people understand the high's and lows of DIY's....make sure you are 100% sure of what you are doing, before you do it. In my case I wanted to heat up my tail's to remove the amber piece. Well, the last I saw on the board someone had said they heated to 400 degrees, so since I couldn't get on the board all weekend, I went with that.....hehehhe...bad mistake!
Now i'm just waiting to get paid again to goto the local Pick N pull to pick out some new lights. I posted ealier this week about it, but figured I'd go snap some photos of them also....so prepare to laugh, cry, or just point with a sly grin on your face :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Moose crossing.......
93 Camry/95 Camry
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, tell me about it...It's quite humorus to me at least. Try to keep up a since of humor I suppose. Luckily it's only going to cost me like 15 bucks to replace them. Will try again I suppose at 200 or 250

Attachments

· Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,126 Posts
dood....just preheat and turn the oven OFF for a few minutes...before keeping the tails on a tray...you should just be melting the glue..not the lenses (i'm sure you knew that to begin with)....at least you know how to get the amber out NOW! :)

· Moose crossing.......
93 Camry/95 Camry
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a local Pick N Pull here in San Antonio just south of Lackland AFB *Where I work* I gave them a call the otehr day to check on prices and it's only going to cost me 15 bucks. About 20 bucks for a new steering wheel. I might have a bit of trouble finding the taillights, but at least getting the sterring wheel will be easy enough! I love that place!

· Registered
1994 Toyota Camry
1,323 Posts
Troyfrezze said:
I have a local Pick N Pull here in San Antonio just south of Lackland AFB *Where I work* I gave them a call the otehr day to check on prices and it's only going to cost me 15 bucks. About 20 bucks for a new steering wheel. I might have a bit of trouble finding the taillights, but at least getting the sterring wheel will be easy enough! I love that place!
You should hook me up with a pair of tail lights if you find them. PM me if you do.

· permanent hiatus
765 Posts
hey troy, let me know if you can hook me up with a pair too. in my case, i didnt warm it enough, and ended up cracking both lights.

check this thread out:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38483

youre lucky man... at the pick and pulls around my area, the chances of finding a camry with parts on it is almost none. once they get one in, its like throwing a leg of lamb in a tank of starved fukn piranhas :(

· S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,553 Posts
Dman dude that sucks:( I just went ahead and bought Clear tails awhile back so it wouldn't cause any aggravation

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.