Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

It looks like the Aichi Camrys are built in the
Tsutsumi plant, not Tahara. But that's good too. The
Prius is also built in Tsutsumi.

From a maximum reliability perspective, would you buy
the Georgetown, Kentucky Camry or the Tsutsumi
Camry?

Darn, having a little trouble finding out how many
Camrys are built in Tsutsumi...

Hmmm, it looks like there aren't any Siennas built
in Japan at all, but there is something called the
"Sienta" (with a "t") built at the Takaoka plant.
No Avalons built in Japan either, according to
the chart I'm consulting.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

"Built_Well" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> It looks like the Aichi Camrys are built in the
> Tsutsumi plant, not Tahara. But that's good too. The
> Prius is also built in Tsutsumi.
>
> From a maximum reliability perspective, would you buy
> the Georgetown, Kentucky Camry or the Tsutsumi
> Camry?


IMO, the longevity of the Camrys assembled in Tsutsumi and Georgetown are
going to be pretty much the same. I've driven 30 or 40 of each and cannot
tell the difference.

>
> Darn, having a little trouble finding out how many
> Camrys are built in Tsutsumi...


What difference does the number assembled in Tsutsumi make?

>
> Hmmm, it looks like there aren't any Siennas built
> in Japan at all, but there is something called the
> "Sienta" (with a "t") built at the Takaoka plant.
> No Avalons built in Japan either, according to
> the chart I'm consulting.


The Sienna and Avalon were designed for the U.S. market and are not sold in
Japan.
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

Build quality is a function on management not the workers,

mike hunt


"Ray O" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Built_Well" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]
>> It looks like the Aichi Camrys are built in the
>> Tsutsumi plant, not Tahara. But that's good too. The
>> Prius is also built in Tsutsumi.
>>
>> From a maximum reliability perspective, would you buy
>> the Georgetown, Kentucky Camry or the Tsutsumi
>> Camry?

>
> IMO, the longevity of the Camrys assembled in Tsutsumi and Georgetown are
> going to be pretty much the same. I've driven 30 or 40 of each and cannot
> tell the difference.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

Mike Hunter wrote:
> Build quality is a function on management not the workers,
>
> mike hunt


Take another sip and go back to sleep!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know that build
quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL

mike hunt


"FanJet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Mike Hunter wrote:
>> Build quality is a function of management not the workers,
>>
>> mike hunt

>
> Take another sip and go back to sleep!
>
>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

Mike Hunter wrote:
> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know that
> build quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL
>
> mike hunt


When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll entertain
your idea.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

FanJet wrote:

>Mike Hunter wrote:
>>
>> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know that
>> build quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL

>
>When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll entertain
>your idea.


"Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job. You
make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the first
place.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

dizzy wrote:
> FanJet wrote:
>
>> Mike Hunter wrote:
>>>
>>> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know
>>> that build quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL

>>
>> When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
>> entertain your idea.

>
> "Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
> ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job. You
> make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the first
> place.


BS. As I said:
"When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll entertain
your idea."
If management hires bubbas, they get what they paid for.

Recent "management" examples:

bush - scew-up of the century.

Carly Fiorina HP CEO. She trashes the corporation and the name, turning it
into a purveyor of junk. When they finally manage to get rid of her, she
leaves with a huge wad of cash and a recommendation.

Condoleezza Rice. While pretending to be our national security advisor,
9/11 happens. Really nothing more than a bush suck-up from Texas, she
miraculously gets promoted to secretary of state.


If given a chance, workers produce quality while management is busily
designing systems that never work. Of course there are exceptions but that's
the rule.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

FanJet, 12/17/2005,7:52:31 PM, wrote:

> dizzy wrote:
> > FanJet wrote:
> >
> > > Mike Hunter wrote:
> > > >
> > > > We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know
> > > > that build quality is a function of management not the workers.
> > > > LOL
> > >
> > > When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
> > > entertain your idea.

> >
> > "Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
> > ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job.
> > You make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the
> > first place.

>
> BS. As I said:
> "When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
> entertain your idea." If management hires bubbas, they get what they
> paid for.
>
> Recent "management" examples:
>
> bush - scew-up of the century.
>
> Carly Fiorina HP CEO. She trashes the corporation and the name,
> turning it into a purveyor of junk. When they finally manage to get
> rid of her, she leaves with a huge wad of cash and a recommendation.
>
> Condoleezza Rice. While pretending to be our national security
> advisor, 9/11 happens. Really nothing more than a bush suck-up from
> Texas, she miraculously gets promoted to secretary of state.
>
>
> If given a chance, workers produce quality while management is
> busily designing systems that never work. Of course there are
> exceptions but that's the rule.


With your examples you have made Mike Hunt's case.

--
Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the
very same reason.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

"FanJet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> Condoleezza Rice. While pretending to be our national security advisor,
> 9/11 happens. Really nothing more than a bush suck-up from Texas, she
> miraculously gets promoted to secretary of state.
>

Condoleezza Rice is not from Texas. Prior to her current job as Secretary of
State, here is her bio:

Dr. Condoleezza Rice became the Assistant to the President for National
Security Affairs, commonly referred to as the National Security Advisor, on
January 22, 2001.

In June 1999, she completed a six year tenure as Stanford University 's
Provost, during which she was the institution's chief budget and academic
officer. As Provost she was responsible for a $1.5 billion annual budget and
the academic program involving 1,400 faculty members and 14,000 students.

As professor of political science, Dr. Rice has been on the Stanford faculty
since 1981 and has won two of the highest teaching honors -- the 1984 Walter
J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching and the 1993 School of Humanities
and Sciences Dean's Award for Distinguished Teaching.

At Stanford, she was a member of the Center for International Security and
Arms Control from 1981-1986 (currently the Center for International Security
And Cooperation), a Senior Fellow of the Institute for International
Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the Hoover Institution. Her books
include Germany Unified and Europe Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow,
The Gorbachev Era (1986) with Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance:
The Soviet Union and the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written
numerous articles on Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy,
and has addressed audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador's
Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000 Republican
National Conventions.

From 1989 through March 1991, the period of German reunification and the
final days of the Soviet Union, she served in the Bush Administration as
Director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in
the National Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for
National Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of
the Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the
Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the Federal
Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the Military.

She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the
Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the
University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan
and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board
member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for
schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice
President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula . In addition, her
past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica
Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment
for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for
Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and
KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco.

Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her bachelor's
degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the
University of Denver in 1974; her master's from the University of Notre Dame
in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at
the University of Denver in 1981. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of
Arts and Sciences and has been awarded honorary doctorates from Morehouse
College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, the University of Notre
Dame in 1995, the National Defense University in 2002, the Mississippi
College School of Law in 2003, the University of Louisville and Michigan
State University in 2004. She resides in Washington, D.C.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:58:07 +0000, dizzy wrote:

> FanJet wrote:
>
>>Mike Hunter wrote:
>>>
>>> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know that
>>> build quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL

>>
>>When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll entertain
>>your idea.

>
> "Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
> ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job. You
> make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the first
> place.


Oh. My. God. Dizzy agreed with Mike.

This is it, 'Lizabeth! This is the Big One!

--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

Mark A wrote:
> "FanJet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> Condoleezza Rice. While pretending to be our national security
>> advisor, 9/11 happens. Really nothing more than a bush suck-up from
>> Texas, she miraculously gets promoted to secretary of state.
>>

> Condoleezza Rice is not from Texas. Prior to her current job as
> Secretary of State, here is her bio:


I stand corrected: a bush suck-up from Alabama.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

FanJet wrote:

>dizzy wrote:
>> FanJet wrote:
>>
>>> Mike Hunter wrote:
>>>>
>>>> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know
>>>> that build quality is a function of management not the workers. LOL
>>>
>>> When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
>>> entertain your idea.

>>
>> "Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
>> ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job. You
>> make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the first
>> place.

>
>BS. As I said:
>"When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll entertain
>your idea."


As I said, you're wrong. You haven't figured it out.

>If management hires bubbas, they get what they paid for.


Part of management's job is training Bubba, or replacing him if
needed. Get better tools. Alter the design. Perform checks.
Whatever. Bottom line, quality is managements's responsibility.
Period.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

Mark A wrote:
> "FanJet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> I stand corrected: a bush suck-up from Alabama.
>>

>
> I would like to see your bio, so we can compare it to Condoleezza
> Rice.


Unfortunately (for us), she doesn't live up to its breadth or length. Common
problem with people and resumes. I'll assume you've taken the time to notice
her job performance or better put, lack thereof. Nuff said.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Origin Sticker question

dizzy wrote:
> FanJet wrote:
>
>> dizzy wrote:
>>> FanJet wrote:
>>>
>>>> Mike Hunter wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> We did not really expert that you would be astute enough to know
>>>>> that build quality is a function of management not the workers.
>>>>> LOL
>>>>
>>>> When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
>>>> entertain your idea.
>>>
>>> "Mike" is right, on this issue. Management designs systems that
>>> ensure quality. You don't blame "Bubba" for screwing-up the job.
>>> You make it so it's really hard for Bubba to screw it up in the
>>> first place.

>>
>> BS. As I said:
>> "When the time comes that management does some of the work, I'll
>> entertain your idea."

>
> As I said, you're wrong. You haven't figured it out.
>
>> If management hires bubbas, they get what they paid for.

>
> Part of management's job is training Bubba, or replacing him if
> needed. Get better tools. Alter the design. Perform checks.
> Whatever. Bottom line, quality is managements's responsibility.
> Period.


Quality is everyone's responsibility and that should be obvious.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top