Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"Scott in Florida" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Time to run....right Dims?
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2813235&page=1
> --
>
> Scott in Florida


Let's see... in 2003, we invaded their country, we've killed tens - possibly
hundreds - of thousands of their people, ignited a civil war and... for
what?

So, a few of them are now motivated to strike back at us? Gee... no one
could have seen that coming.

The bottom line here is, so what? Was Iraq responsible for 9/11? No. Was
Iraq knowingly aiding and abetting A-Q or other terrorists prior to 9/11?
No. Did our invasion of Iraq thoroughly piss off a billion people and
provide A-Q with a fertile breeding ground for future terrorists? Yes.

Well done, Dubya!



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Scott in Florida" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Time to run....right Dims?
>> http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2813235&page=1
>> --
>>
>> Scott in Florida

>
> Let's see... in 2003, we invaded their country, we've killed tens -
> possibly hundreds - of thousands of their people, ignited a civil war
> and... for what?
>
> So, a few of them are now motivated to strike back at us? Gee... no one
> could have seen that coming.
>
> The bottom line here is, so what? Was Iraq responsible for 9/11? No.
> Was Iraq knowingly aiding and abetting A-Q or other terrorists prior to
> 9/11? No. Did our invasion of Iraq thoroughly piss off a billion people
> and provide A-Q with a fertile breeding ground for future terrorists?
> Yes.
>
> Well done, Dubya!
>
>
> --
> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>


Anyone remember the days when there would be an occasional news item about
an Iraqi helicopter taking off or a radar site painting the sky for a
moment? And what would be the outcome? The helicopter would be shot down
or the radar site would be a smoking hole in the ground. We OWNED Saddam
for pennies compared to today and al Quaida was nowhere to be found in Iraq.
Today we have morons like sharx of the frozen tundra unable to comprehend
why Bush is regarded as an idiot.

A job most definitely needed to be done after 9/11 but Iraq was not the
place to expend the resources.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"Truckdude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "Scott in Florida" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Time to run....right Dims?
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2813235&page=1
>>> --
>>>
>>> Scott in Florida

>>
>> Let's see... in 2003, we invaded their country, we've killed tens -
>> possibly hundreds - of thousands of their people, ignited a civil war
>> and... for what?
>>
>> So, a few of them are now motivated to strike back at us? Gee... no one
>> could have seen that coming.
>>
>> The bottom line here is, so what? Was Iraq responsible for 9/11? No.
>> Was Iraq knowingly aiding and abetting A-Q or other terrorists prior to
>> 9/11? No. Did our invasion of Iraq thoroughly piss off a billion people
>> and provide A-Q with a fertile breeding ground for future terrorists?
>> Yes.
>>
>> Well done, Dubya!
>>
>>
>> --
>> Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
>>

>
> Anyone remember the days when there would be an occasional news item about
> an Iraqi helicopter taking off or a radar site painting the sky for a
> moment? And what would be the outcome? The helicopter would be shot down
> or the radar site would be a smoking hole in the ground. We OWNED Saddam
> for pennies compared to today and al Quaida was nowhere to be found in
> Iraq. Today we have morons like sharx of the frozen tundra unable to
> comprehend why Bush is regarded as an idiot.
>
> A job most definitely needed to be done after 9/11 but Iraq was not the
> place to expend the resources.

Well said, Truckdude!
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Scott in Florida" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Time to run....right Dims?
>> http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2813235&page=1
>> --
>>
>> Scott in Florida

>
> Let's see... in 2003, we invaded their country, we've killed tens -
> possibly hundreds - of thousands of their people, ignited a civil war
> and... for what?
>
> So, a few of them are now motivated to strike back at us? Gee... no one
> could have seen that coming.
>
> The bottom line here is, so what? Was Iraq responsible for 9/11? No.
> Was Iraq knowingly aiding and abetting A-Q or other terrorists prior to
> 9/11? No. Did our invasion of Iraq thoroughly piss off a billion people
> and provide A-Q with a fertile breeding ground for future terrorists?
> Yes.
>
> Well done, Dubya!


That about sums it up...

Arghh.

Cathy
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Rice was just in Egypt, and news stories indicate that she shied away from
> repeating the tired old "bring democracy to the Middle East" to the people
> she met with. She seems to be dancing with the idea that sometimes,
> stability is to be goal #1, even if we aren't in love with the country
> providing that stability.
>
> What a concept, eh?


What a French concept, one that's right in this case.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"larry moe 'n curly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>
>> Rice was just in Egypt, and news stories indicate that she shied away
>> from
>> repeating the tired old "bring democracy to the Middle East" to the
>> people
>> she met with. She seems to be dancing with the idea that sometimes,
>> stability is to be goal #1, even if we aren't in love with the country
>> providing that stability.
>>
>> What a concept, eh?

>
> What a French concept, one that's right in this case.
>


Not so long ago, it was a Rumsfeld concept. Either that, or he really wasn't
happy when he was shaking hands in the photo with Saddam.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: OT Iraq terrorists planning hit on US

"Cathy F." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> "Scott in Florida" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> Time to run....right Dims?
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2813235&page=1
>>> --
>>>
>>> Scott in Florida

>>
>> Let's see... in 2003, we invaded their country, we've killed tens -
>> possibly hundreds - of thousands of their people, ignited a civil war
>> and... for what?
>>
>> So, a few of them are now motivated to strike back at us? Gee... no one
>> could have seen that coming.
>>
>> The bottom line here is, so what? Was Iraq responsible for 9/11? No.
>> Was Iraq knowingly aiding and abetting A-Q or other terrorists prior to
>> 9/11? No. Did our invasion of Iraq thoroughly piss off a billion people
>> and provide A-Q with a fertile breeding ground for future terrorists?
>> Yes.
>>
>> Well done, Dubya!

>
> That about sums it up...
>
> Arghh.
>
> Cathy


Once again you show your naivete, Cathy. You are woefully ignorant about how
international politics works.


>
>
>
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top