Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:04:05 -0500, Kenneth
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Howdy,
>
>I have an '04 Sienna LE AWD.
>
>Last night, for about the fifth time, my son neglected to
>close his door (power slider) and this morning, my battery
>was dead because the lights stayed on.
>
>Is there a way (other than ginkgo) that I could be alerted
>to such problems?
>
>Sincere thanks,


Hi again,

I will amplify my question a bit...

If the slider is open and the car is in gear, a warning
beeper sounds.

Is it possible, for example, to program the beeper so that
it sounds when a door is open, and the ignition is off?

Thanks again,
--
Kenneth

If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:47:04 -0600, "Ray O"
<rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:

>
>It would be annoying but theoretically possible. Get one of those backup
>warning beepers that attach to the backup lights and wire it to the dome
>light bulb like this http://www.autobarn.net/ali9642.html. Do not get the
>kind that is built into the bulb because backup bulbs are different from
>dome light bulbs. If the dome light is on, the beeper will sound.


Hi Ray,

Please accept my sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth

If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS."
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

"Kenneth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:47:04 -0600, "Ray O"
> <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
>
>>
>>It would be annoying but theoretically possible. Get one of those backup
>>warning beepers that attach to the backup lights and wire it to the dome
>>light bulb like this http://www.autobarn.net/ali9642.html. Do not get the
>>kind that is built into the bulb because backup bulbs are different from
>>dome light bulbs. If the dome light is on, the beeper will sound.

>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Please accept my sincere thanks,
> --
> Kenneth
>


You're welcome, although you may be cursing me when you get tired of hearing
the beeping!
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:

> "Kenneth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:47:04 -0600, "Ray O"
> > <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>It would be annoying but theoretically possible. Get one of those backup
> >>warning beepers that attach to the backup lights and wire it to the dome
> >>light bulb like this http://www.autobarn.net/ali9642.html. Do not get the
> >>kind that is built into the bulb because backup bulbs are different from
> >>dome light bulbs. If the dome light is on, the beeper will sound.

> >
> > Hi Ray,
> >
> > Please accept my sincere thanks,
> > --
> > Kenneth
> >

>
> You're welcome, although you may be cursing me when you get tired of hearing
> the beeping!


Ray,

I too want to thankyou for pointing that device out. I may have some
other uses for it.
--
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

JoeSpareBedroom, 2/1/2007,7:00:50 PM, wrote:

> Whatever you do, be sure NOT to teach your son how to do the right
> thing. That might involve effort, and a discussion.


Joe, I guess we have found some common ground between us. Maybe there
is still some hope for you.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sienna door open ---> battery dead...!

"dbu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
>
>> "Kenneth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:47:04 -0600, "Ray O"
>> > <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >>It would be annoying but theoretically possible. Get one of those
>> >>backup
>> >>warning beepers that attach to the backup lights and wire it to the
>> >>dome
>> >>light bulb like this http://www.autobarn.net/ali9642.html. Do not get
>> >>the
>> >>kind that is built into the bulb because backup bulbs are different
>> >>from
>> >>dome light bulbs. If the dome light is on, the beeper will sound.
>> >
>> > Hi Ray,
>> >
>> > Please accept my sincere thanks,
>> > --
>> > Kenneth
>> >

>>
>> You're welcome, although you may be cursing me when you get tired of
>> hearing
>> the beeping!

>
> Ray,
>
> I too want to thankyou for pointing that device out. I may have some
> other uses for it.
> --
>

You are also welcome! (just don't blame me if the beeping drives you
crazy!) ;-)
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top