Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to reach the skid control ECU to probe some of those ports, part of diagnosing the CAN network. According to the service manual, I'd have to remove the steering wheel, light switch and all of those assemblies on driver side to finally reach the skid control ECU if I want to replace it. But I'm wondering if I'd really have to go through all of that just to reach those ports and back probe them... Any insights?

Appreciate the support!
Thks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I was wrong... Posting this in case someone else needs to play with the skid control ECU: it's not behind the dashboard, it's actually reachable from the engine compartment, under the hood, right next to the brake fluid reservoir. Easy peasy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI.. It is some time since this post. I saw it only now.. I am too confused with the ECU location.
I have a 2001 ACA 21 AWD.
There seem to be two parts of concern here. Traction control Actuator and ECU. They are supposed to be together, but they are not. I traced the ABS sensor wires from the wheels. They seem to leave the engine bay heading towards the dash area and return as well to the actuator.Actuator is next to the ABS motor and relay box. The actuator connector has lesser number of pins than what the manual provides. I presume the actual ECU is located behind the steering wheel as you first suggested.. I have not developed courage to pull the steering wheel out.
My problem is a speed dependent ABS lamp, comes on at 68 Kph. goes away when the car stops and ignition off. No codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.