Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes, 93-02 corollas are completely the same.

be ready to piss off the people behind you when you hit a speed bump!:lol:

And make sure you get an alignment after, no need for a camber kit, im running 15's and it doesn't rub.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, 93-02 corollas are completely the same.

be ready to piss off the people behind you when you hit a speed bump!:lol:

And make sure you get an alignment after, no need for a camber kit, im running 15's and it doesn't rub.
Thanks! OK, I'm kinda slow and new.... explain the speed bump thing.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
well... your car will be lower then usual with the tein springs. its a 1.9 front and 1.4 rear drop. You will for need to go much lower over speed bumps of else your gonna slam your car on the speed bump. And you don't want that to happen. . . My mom didnt know i lowered my car and she drove it, so i was watching her when she pulled out of the driveway then, BOOM :sosad:

·
Registered
398 Posts
just do the struts fred unless you plan on running 15's or 16's

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but I can not afford 16's right now. And I don't want to make my car a pain in the ass to drive. I have had my share of modified cars over the years that, for one reason or another, made them a pain for day to day driving.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,678 Posts
If you're planning on staying with the stock springs, just get KYB GR-2's, you'll save a bit of money and have a smoother ride that's comparable to OEM. Tokico HPs are meant more for lowering springs and it will stiffen up the ride by a bit.

It sounds like you're hesitant about lowering it, so IMO I would just leave it stock and buy another car to mod or play with.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I hope I made the right decision! Of course now that they are ordered and paid for I am reading all this stuff about how stiff the Tokico's are, sore backs and sore butts! Anyone experience this??

I have no problem with stiff, but really don't want my teeth jarred out of my head on every bump!

·
Registered
30 Posts
after you lower your car, you need an alignment to adjust your toe, caster, and camber.. if you don't then you'll be eating the shit out of your tires.. after you get the alignment, look at the numbers and if anything is way off factory specifications then go get a camber kit. Way off meaning like +5,-5 degress.. anything a bit or lower then factory spec will be just fine.. it'll help to roll your fenders, to.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had them on my supra when I did eibach springs. The springs made the ride stiff. Swapped out the springs with some tein springs before I went coil overs and it helped greatly. Heck even with stock springs the HP blue's did just fine. They aren't as bad as one would think.

hell toyota stock even put Tokico Hp blues on TSS tundra's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.