Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 18 year old daughter bought a 97 camry. First time to drive it at night. She came in and said is there suppose to be a light down there where you change gears? It is an automatic on the floor. When she got home I started the car turned on headlights and sure enough it is not lit up. So you cannot see R D N etc. Is there suppose to be a light there and if so where and how to get to it. Floor console light

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Yes. There should be a light.

Check out this DIY on how to change the color of the bulbs. It isn't exactly what you need, but it will get you far enough to be able to change the light bulb! http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t100756.html

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great to hear that. I get to now fix my daughter's outside door handle, which just broke in half. Everything's plastic these days. Off to Rock Auto to order a new one!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man all you guys have saved me a lot of money seems who ever had it before never replaced fuses, bulbs and minor things. Maintained the engine and main things well but all the minor things like bulbs and fuses didn't care about. Now everything is either lighted up or works this being an 18 year girls first car wanted everything to work. NOW SHE'S HAPPY :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts