Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tundra has gone thought countless car washes with no problems. We flew out to be with my Sister and her husband during the Christmas week and parked at the Harlingen's Airport longtime parking. Must have been a heck of a storm because when we got back the passenger side front marker light was full of water. No problem, the complete set was only about $40 bucks for both lens. Got rid of factory push clip and replaced them with something better. The new stuff works and looks good.

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the shocks, struts, and brakes done today and it drives like a completely different vehicle. The wheel is heavy like when you air-down the tires while driving offroad. Even-though it's tracking straight, I'll get the alignment done over the weekend. Have an appointment to get the rear bumper, trailer hitch, and front bull-bar done on Thursday. Once the bull-bar is on there, I can get the Hella 500s on and get them wired in with the high beams. Went to get dinner the other night and the headlights look like they're aimed too high. No one has been flashing me probably because of all the vehicles on the road with those super bright LED lights. None the less, they need to be aimed correct if I'm going to tow my Mom's Buick Park Avenue more than 900-miles across Texas! I'm still trying to convince her that I can tow Buick and she doesn't need to be behind the wheel. After all, she was sick for two years while being in-and-out of the ER, ICU, the Critical Care Unit, a private hospital room, and then nursing staff coming by the house daily to check on her just six months ago. Two mouths of that, I was the one giving her antibiotic IVs while she watched TV. No, she's flying back and my sister will care for her while I'm moving the vehicles to El Paso! And yes, I'll take picture along the way. I'd like to have a dash camera installed be then but I'm not sure which one. I have time but damn little before things really start to get busy around here!

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a-lot of running around today including taking Mom for some blood test. Seeing that the osteomyelitis had settled in her lower spine and was the source of so much pain, driving anywhere has been torment for her. Didn't say a word to her but it didn't take her long to comment just how nice the Tundra was driving. So that settles it, job well done.

·
Registered
2000 Tundra SR5 4DR 4X4 V8
7 Posts
Got the shocks, struts, and brakes done today and it drives like a completely different vehicle. The wheel is heavy like when you air-down the tires while driving offroad. Even-though it's tracking straight, I'll get the alignment done over the weekend. Have an appointment to get the rear bumper, trailer hitch, and front bull-bar done on Thursday. Once the bull-bar is on there, I can get the Hella 500s on and get them wired in with the high beams. Went to get dinner the other night and the headlights look like they're aimed too high. No one has been flashing me probably because of all the vehicles on the road with those super bright LED lights. None the less, they need to be aimed correct if I'm going to tow my Mom's Buick Park Avenue more than 900-miles across Texas! I'm still trying to convince her that I can tow Buick and she doesn't need to be behind the wheel. After all, she was sick for two years while being in-and-out of the ER, ICU, the Critical Care Unit, a private hospital room, and then nursing staff coming by the house daily to check on her just six months ago. Two mouths of that, I was the one giving her antibiotic IVs while she watched TV. No, she's flying back and my sister will care for her while I'm moving the vehicles to El Paso! And yes, I'll take picture along the way. I'd like to have a dash camera installed be then but I'm not sure which one. I have time but damn little before things really start to get busy around here!
What kind of shocks and struts did you install? also did you resuse the coils? or buy new aftermarket or oem?

·
Registered
02 Tundra / 92 Buick PA
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of shocks and struts did you install? also did you resuse the coils? or buy new aftermarket or oem?
I really wanted new Toyota or Bilstein shocks but cost was too high with everything else I'm doing. The shop just got a set from O'Reilly's Auto. I had him replace the whole strut assembly up front, as well as, the front brakes, and then the shocks in the rear. The truck is not driving as smooth as it did a couple of weeks ago but it's also running empty; nothing in the back and only about half a tank of fuel. About ten days ago, the Tundra had a full tank and boxes-n-boxes of books and cloths in the back. The old girl was driving so smooth it was unreal. Got my disability today and that's when I normally fill-out and get the Tundra clean-and-detailed. It's also time for the oil-and-lube, so that could also be why the front is driving a-little harsh. I also have much more to move into the storage unit so the smooth ride with be back in the next few days. The shop also installed a new trailer hitch, a complete rear bumper assembly, and then he installed a Bull-bar up front. I only received my new 20-inch LED light-bar yesterday and it came with two square LED cubes. Not sure what I'll do with the cubes but the light-bar came with all the mounting hardware and a wiring kit. The factory lights on the bumper come on with the low beams and I plan to install the light bar in the middle of Bull-bar and then wire it with high beams. Since the light bar is putting out more than 400-watts, I see no need for them to be used anytime aside from when I would need the high beams anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts