Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed rear air bag suspension on the HL few weeks ago. Significantly improved rear suspension when towing by greatly reducing rear sag due to the weight of the trailer. Installation was straight forward. I'm not aware of specific kit made for the HL, so I used the kit for Toyota Sienna made by Air Lift. Last photo shows where I put the driver side air valve on bottom of rear bumper. Here's the Amazon link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CFS028/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you so much for the information, what year HL did you install it on? I just measured the spring inner dimensions and for my 2016 HL it appears to be 5.25-5.5" inside spring diameter and 4.5" ht once the rubber stop has been removed is this what you found? the 60732 kit for the Sienna that you used is easily available but I cannot find the air bag dimensions on Air Lift website so am cautious about ordering yet. Again thank you for the instructions and pictures.
PKL54

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys -

Just checking in here to give some feedback on my Airlifts since I installed them two years ago on our 2016 Highlander AWD (I first posted on page one). After quite a few trips around the northeast, I have absolutely zero issues or complaints. I used 60732 and keep them inflated to about 20 PSI when not towing (35 PSI when towing and it's a very heavy tongue weight). I see others have used different model kits, so do your research and decide for yourself. I can only say that what I installed has worked great for me. And I definitely love the remote gauge I installed. Checking with a separate portable tire gauge is fine, but it's nice to just take a quick glance and know ervything is inflated right with no leaks (and I haven't lost any air pressure at all in the two years). In hindsight, I wouldn't say the installation was too bad. The worst for me was removing the rubber cone. Some have been able to slip it out, but I cut mine out and that worked fine.

- Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I'd share my experiences with Firestone Coil-Right airbags (4155) and an Airlift Compressor System (25804). I'm new to this forum and to our 2019 Highlander. It replaced a 2004 Honda Pilot that I also put airbags on. So far, we really like the Highlander.

Anyway, the installation went very well. This is a great thread to follow and made the install easy. I mounted the compressor under the Highlander about where the driver's seat is. The compressor fits nicely under the large plastic cover. It should protect the compressor nicely from road spray, rocks, etc.

There was no easy way to mount the gauge bracket anywhere under the steering wheel, so I mounted the analog gauge directly on the dash panel to the lower left of the steering wheel. I put the bleed valve and switch in two of the many unused dash buttons.

The fill valve went in the cubby to the left just inside of the rear hatch, to keep it out of the Utah weather. I didn't grab a picture of this.

Feel free to ask questions. These really help the squat situation with heavy trailer tongue weight or the weight of a 4 bike rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought I'd share my experiences with Firestone Coil-Right airbags (4155) and an Airlift Compressor System (25804). I'm new to this forum and to our 2019 Highlander. It replaced a 2004 Honda Pilot that I also put airbags on. So far, we really like the Highlander.

Anyway, the installation went very well. This is a great thread to follow and made the install easy. I mounted the compressor under the Highlander about where the driver's seat is. The compressor fits nicely under the large plastic cover. It should protect the compressor nicely from road spray, rocks, etc.

There was no easy way to mount the gauge bracket anywhere under the steering wheel, so I mounted the analog gauge directly on the dash panel to the lower left of the steering wheel. I put the bleed valve and switch in two of the many unused dash buttons.

The fill valve went in the cubby to the left just inside of the rear hatch, to keep it out of the Utah weather. I didn't grab a picture of this.

Feel free to ask questions. These really help the squat situation with heavy trailer tongue weight or the weight of a 4 bike rack.
Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts