Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a a 2012 that was purchased with the DVD RES single screen. Would it be possibly to upgrade this to a Bluray player that comes in the 2013+ models? Wasn't available when i purchased the car and all my media these days is in HD. If not, is there a bluray that I can install back there that isn't the crummy Audiovox AVDBR1 ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 highlander LE
717 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can tell you that I doubt I ever go back to a ceiling mounted player again. I have one in a Rav 4, my kid loves it, but it blocks my rear view which I don't like in heavy traffic. If I take it out, there will be a hole in the ceiling liner.

When I purchased the HL, I went the iPad route. Converting the dvd's to mp4 files has been a pain and I detest iTunes. However, I end up with something that has many more functions. It really came down to either going the iPad route or an aftermarket headrest setup. The headrest setup still seems like a decent choice.

Since it sounds like you already have the ceiling mounted player, I would just stick with it. With such a small screen I don't think there is any benefit to blueray, unless you are only purchasing blueray movies. Most of the blueray movies that I have purchased also come with a standard dvd copy as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear lord people. I don't want a workaround or a different option or a portable player or an ipad. I want to replace the DVd player with a bluray player because I want to play bluray discs in my overhead system. I'm guessing that's not an option right now so I'll just leave it at that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.