Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to put a fresh set of drums and linings on the rear of my 95'.
First time since new. Anybody have a complete kit they liked. Don't want to make multiple trips to chase parts since the truck is my parts chaser too. :cool:

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,000 Posts
OEM? ;)
Shoes...
Drum...

Rock Auto should have the drum kit as well as the drum hardware kit on their website.

I am not a fan of the Beck/Arney stuff. :(

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM? ;)
Shoes...
Drum...

Rock Auto should have the drum kit as well as the drum hardware kit on their website.

Not a Beck fan either. Anybody use the Centric products Rockauto is showing?
What kind of mileage has anybody gotten on the original brakes or a brake job. I'm at just over 200k on the original rear set. Nice having a manual transmission :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
First time since new. Anybody have a complete kit they liked. Don't want to make multiple trips to chase parts since the truck is my parts chaser too. :cool:
Hey SD, I went with R1 concepts brakes package on mine and I love them. Reasonable price for good product. Now I'm wanting to go to rear disc. Later model caddy and olds rear disc mounting caliper mounts and calipers. Rotors from rear Chevy truck. Have to machine the center out a bit on the lathe.
Not a Beck fan either. Anybody use the Centric products Rockauto is showing?
What kind of mileage has anybody gotten on the original brakes or a brake job. I'm at just over 200k on the original rear set. Nice having a manual transmission :)
Is Beck Arnie what R-1 uses. The brakes they sent me were all Hart high performance and they've been solid quiet and the best brakes I've ever had. No noise, no warped rotors and no excessive brake dust anywhere. Ceramic pads and shoe linings drilled and diamond slotted rotors, non directional finished drums. Been great brakes. 30000k and no trouble. Don't show anything that indicates there will be either. They made mine custom to order.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Ram1, I went to R1 Concepts website and there not offering any rear brake parts for the T100 anymore. :(
Just did the fronts not long ago, all is good there. Turned the discs and thru on some Napa pads.
Update: R1 Concepts doesn't show drum brake parts on their site but Carid carries a wide variety of the R1 drums and shoes!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey SD, I went with R1 concepts brakes package on mine and I love them. Reasonable price for good product. Now I'm wanting to go to rear disc. Later model caddy and olds rear disc mounting caliper mounts and calipers. Rotors from rear Chevy truck. Have to machine the center out a bit on the lathe.
OEM? ;)
Shoes...
Drum...

It looks like it could be something aftermarket or a replacement fuse and wire for something that may have been an issue. I've worked on these fuse blocks a few times and it isn't as bad as it seems. Mark your wires and positions and you should be fine. I use solder, shrink wrap connecters for my wiring. Had to buy a heat gun but it has 1017 different uses anyway and you can find them online cheap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Ram1, I went to R1 Concepts website and there not offering any rear brake parts for the T100 anymore. :(
Just did the fronts not long ago, all is good there. Turned the discs and thru on some Napa pads.
Update: R1 Concepts doesn't show drum brake parts on their site but Carid carries a wide variety of the R1 drums and shoes!
I am sorry, I did have to wait awhile to get the parts. They custom made the racing performance brakes for my Buick Encore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts