Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2013 model and the rear bumper that wraps around the sides and meets up with the rear fenders sticks out like it is missing a bolt or clip? I can push it in but pops back out right away. Is there a clip or bolt missing from underneath. Does anyone have schematic pic or show the parts that hold the bumper and fender together?
Thanks sohcphreek
[email protected]

·
Registered
09 HL LTD 2WD
148 Posts
We have a 2013 model and the rear bumper that wraps around the sides and meets up with the rear fenders sticks out like it is missing a bolt or clip? I can push it in but pops back out right away. Is there a clip or bolt missing from underneath. Does anyone have schematic pic or show the parts that hold the bumper and fender together?
Thanks sohcphreek
[email protected]

I also have this problem. Hope someone posts a fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be interested if this is not a complicated expensive fix.

I just purchased a 2015 Prius that has this issue. The Carfax reports a damage incident but no accidents.

The damage incident caused a few of the clips to break (according to the selling dealership.)

Would be nice to fix it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
A slight bump on the reinforcement bar underneath will cause a misalignment that makes the ends not want to stay in place. If this is not the case then it should be easy to get the cover to stay in it's proper place. If the clips are broken then replace them but if they are not broken look for misalignment and fix that and it should resolve the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts