Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the F%$# is it so hard to remove the rear discs off a 3.5 gen camry, The Haynes says something about taking the rubber plug out and turning a little wheel inside the rotor to loosen the parking brake away from the rotors.

Has anyone removed the their rear discs before, do yall have any pointers. Someone help me out. :mad: :mad:

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
that's the parking brake adjustment that you have to loosen up, its at the 6 o clock position, you have to move the teeth upwards,

but there's probably a groove on the inside of the drum preventing it from coming out, give it some loving with a rubber mallet on the disk, and hammer the shit out of the drum part

if that won't work, then you'll have to pull it off using 2 little bolts (same thread as the bolt that holds the brake line to the strut)

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mmmwwahahahahaha :nono: the rotors shall not challenge the mighty mallet :boink:

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
if you malletize the rotor though, be prepared to be replacing all the hardware on the parking brake cause it will get fucked if its hung.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
it may just be rusted on....that's what happened to all 4 of my rotors when I changed them.....I beat the shit outta them with a big ass mallet and it didn't go anywhere......

you gotta use that screw hole in the rotor to pop the disc out then.....the pin/screw from the bottom of the caliper fits perfectly so you don't even have to get the tool :thumbup:

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i got them off with some hammering, teh one on the right side was easy but i ahd to beat the shit out of the left one,

yeah they were rusted on because i believe the last time me and my dad changed them we never got them turned and just put new pads on,

but everthing is replaced now so :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.