Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Must be a supplier issue. Seems that many speakers are blowing or blown at delivery.

Blown a few of my JBL amps over the years too. They dont like 100% volume for 50k miles.

&$!# the warranty. Best to go aftermarket. Got any of pictures of the old speakers? Resistance measurements to see of voice coil is shorted, or shorting when pushing on cone?

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon
51 Posts
So are you guys like blasting it all the time? like i mostly listen to my stuff at 18-22 volume. maybe go to to 26. never need it louder then that. i do have very good hearing and like to protect it.
I checked my rear speakers and they work. quiet because i like the surround sound since that sounds best IMO and most of the sound comes from the subs and the front dash speakers.

·
Registered
2019 Limited
172 Posts
I play at very easy listening level all the time never blast the sound.By the way my build date is 6/18.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Depends on the song, some just scream at me turn it up! I regularly get up to 40-50 volume on the USB input with Hi Res music files. Don't stay too long at that level, since I still like to be able to hear other things.:)

·
Registered
2019 Avalon XSE
29 Posts
Sorry about that.
They are Kicker 46CSC674. They also came with with mounting rings and the wiring harness. Easy install and great sound. Unlike other Toyota’s the lower rear speakers in the Avalon with the JBL definitely put out a lot of sound. View attachment 291817
Did you have to purchase any additional wire harness with those speakers or was it plug-N-play ?
Whoops, just read your post a little closer. The speakers did come with a harness. So it was plug-N-play.
I also noticed that Crutchfield states that 6 1/2 or 6 3/4 speakers fit. Your Kickers were 6 3/4. Did they fit perfectly ?
:sneaky:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
They indeed fit perfectly with the supplied adapters. I also don’t turn up the music very loud which you’d think might have caused the speakers to blow. When I replaced them I’ve never seen such garbage in my life. I’ve been into stereo equipment forever and those lower speakers were really bad. Like I said before replacement kickers are working great and do produce way more sound. I’m actually going to replace all the other speakers as well with the exception of the lower front doors. Hope this thread helps!!!!

·
Registered
18 Camry XLE, Hybrid
47 Posts
Not to hijack the thread. I have a 2018 Camry, and have had the rear speakers replaced, about 8 months ago. Now they are dead again. The dealer ordered a new amp and speakers. I waiting for them to come in. However, I think that I’ll end up biting the bullet and installing some aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Not to hijack the thread. I have a 2018 Camry, and have had the rear speakers replaced, about 8 months ago. Now they are dead again. The dealer ordered a new amp and speakers. I waiting for them to come in. However, I think that I’ll end up biting the bullet and installing some aftermarket speakers.
Good call

·
Registered
2019 Limited
172 Posts
Had rear speaker replaced by Toyota hope that does it. Also still odd it seems to be just rear speakers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I replaced the f/r main speakers on my 18 Camry XSE with the JBL as well as the A pillar tweeters with Kicker and that helped a lot; I am pretty sure the JBL on the Camry and the Avalon are different so not sure what I learned on the Camry would apply to the Avalon?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received my Avalon 2020 Limited few days ago. I've noticed there's no sound from any of the tweeters, only the larger speakers. Has anyone had this issue?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts