Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEFORE ANYBODY SAYS ANYTHING... I ALREADY DID A SEARCH AND DID NOT FIND THE SPECIFIC ANSWER TO MY PROBLEMS.

1. MY BLINKERS IN THE BACK STAY ON, I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THIS "MAY"
BE CAUSED BY SOME OTHER BULBS BEING OUT OR READY TO GO OUT.
WHAT ELSE COULD BE CAUSING THIS ANNOYING PHENOMENON.
TODAY I FOUND OUT THAT MY TRUNK LIGHT BULB WENT OUT.
COULD THIS BE THE CULPRIT?

2. I WENT TO EVERY AUTO PLACE ON EARTH AND THEY KEPT ON SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT A BULB BUT A FUSE.

YEAH IT LOOKS LIKE A FUSE BUT IT IS THE FACTORY BULB. WHAT THEY
HAVE IN THE COMPUTER IS 3012 &3022 BUT THEY ARE TO SHORT AND DON'T FIT. WILL I HAVE TO ORDER THIS WEIRD ALIEN TYPE OF BULB FROM TOYOTA AND HAVE THEM CHARGE $80,000000.00 PESOS FOR IT OR WHAT?

ALL NON SARCASTIC ANSWERS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

·
1993 Camry XLE
93 CamXLE/73 Lincoln
1,083 Posts
Ummm... More lights for people to see you with?

Just go around and replace all of your bulbs. If that doesn't do it, then you just tossed a lot of money replacing light bulbs that were just fine.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Please turn off cap lock
Please don't bold everything
Please don't increase text size for the entire post

jgalvis said:
ALL NON SARCASTIC ANSWERS WILL BE APPRECIATED.
This attitude will not get you very far and actually made me just want to hit the back button.

However, since your a n00b...

What year is your car and where did you get the 3022 bulb from?
Gen 3 and 3.5 Camry use 1156 and 1157 bulbs for the tail lights and turn signals.

The only time I ever saw a 3022 type bulb (fuse AGU fuse looking bulb) was in the dome light and I think the trunk light.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Check all your rear bulbs.
One of them could be fused to the socket (look at the contact point on the bulb) causing it to short and send power to other bulbs.

Probably one of your brake bulbs...

Other possibilities but this is the most common problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice NAD all do just that tomorrow.

P.S. for all other who might answer.

I have a:

Gen 3 95 LE 4 cyl 5FSE American made.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Also check the loom of wires in the trunk on the driver's side by the hinge. Open up that loom and look for frayed insulation on some of those wires. Those wires fray and break often, since they are constantly being flexed from all the opening and closing of the trunk. If you find some wires with the insulation worn off, tape them up thoroughly with some electrical tape. 2 frayed wires may be touching each other causing your problem.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts