Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

New here. 2008 Highlander Limited. Was in a pretty serious accident (front end) and when the car came back I *think* there is an issue with the rear hatch.

I could *swear* that pre-accident, when I pushed the rectangular button under the rear handle, the rear hatch popped open (not just unlocked but automatically raised). Just like pushing the button on the remote or the button on the dash. Post-accident, the button only disengages the hatch but doesn't raise. I've checked with my mechanic and Toyota, but everyone claims that the rear button never automatically raised.

Am I losing my mind (distinct possibility)? Can anyone with a 08 Highlander Limited please verify what the rear hatch button does/does not do?

Thank you!

·
German in China
Highlander Limited
66 Posts
Hi all -

New here. 2008 Highlander Limited. Was in a pretty serious accident (front end) and when the car came back I *think* there is an issue with the rear hatch.

I could *swear* that pre-accident, when I pushed the rectangular button under the rear handle, the rear hatch popped open (not just unlocked but automatically raised). Just like pushing the button on the remote or the button on the dash. Post-accident, the button only disengages the hatch but doesn't raise. I've checked with my mechanic and Toyota, but everyone claims that the rear button never automatically raised.

Am I losing my mind (distinct possibility)? Can anyone with a 08 Highlander Limited please verify what the rear hatch button does/does not do?

Thank you!
HL 2011 Limited

The big button underneath the rear handle opens the rear door, but you need to pull open. If i press the remote control button, the hatch opens by an electrical engine, the same for the button inside, left of the steering wheel. I press the button again, or the button at the right inner side of the hatch, hatch closes, using the electrical engine.

If you speak about that.
Talking about the glass opener button at the Highlander plate, right area, the small rubber button: Only unlocks the window glass.... you need to pull it open.... and close it the same way with some more force to lock it again.

I assume you are talking about the centered, bigger button underneath the rear hatch handle, that opens the hatch gate ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.