Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to say thank you to everyone who posts in this forum. Your weatlth of knowledge has helped me several times. I have been a lurker for a while, and this is my first post, so here it goes:

My kids are complaining they are cold in the back seats of my 2006 double cab. I checked the vent on the bottom rear of the console for the back seat, and I don't feel any heat coming from it. The front heat works fine. Is there supposed to be heat blowing from that vent? Thanks for any help.

2006 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Longbed, impulse red pearl
Wade hood protector, running boards

·
knucklehead
113 Posts
It only works when you have the dash knob set to blow to the floor.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
bluzharp said:
It only works when you have the dash knob set to blow to the floor.
Didn't know that tidbit.... thanks bluz! I wonder if you can make it work all of the time... probably a Pb "electrical whiz" issue.

·
Tennessee
2006 Doublecab 4X4
145 Posts
I believe the vent on the back of the console is the vent for the 110v. converter. The heater ducts are under the seats. They are real small. I had a rattling noise under the passenger seat and the duct had come loose. As far as when they work, I haven't checked, but they may only work when the heat is on the floor.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC
86 Posts
With the heater knob set to the floor, my back seat heats up really well, circulates throughout the truck better too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I always have mine set on the Floor/Defrost position. This seems to be the best for both front and rear passengers.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC
130 Posts
75cruiser said:
I always have mine set on the Floor/Defrost position. This seems to be the best for both front and rear passengers.:thumbup:
Except the AC compressor runs all the time, so you're sacrificing some mileage.

·
Just duct tape it!
612 Posts
ibleedblue said:
Except the AC compressor runs all the time, so you're sacrificing some mileage.
i keep hearing this, about when dfrost is on. Everyone says the ac comes on with it and you cant turn it off.

i was just curious about it. Does the AC light come on, and it wont go off if you push it? Or does the AC come on Stealth like and doesnt affect the AC button.

just wondering because when i switch mine to defrost, my AC light does not come on. I can turn it on and off. Is that just how it is? But the AC really is on?

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma DC
130 Posts
06Sport said:
i was just curious about it. Does the AC light come on, and it wont go off if you push it? Or does the AC come on Stealth like and doesnt affect the AC button.

just wondering because when i switch mine to defrost, my AC light does not come on. I can turn it on and off. Is that just how it is? But the AC really is on?
Anytime the defrost is selected, the compressor is running. The AC button doesn't light up. You can make it light up by pushing it in, but otherwise it doesn't give you any indication.

Just for grins, crank your truck with the fan in the off position. Turn the dial over to anything without defrost and turn the fan on low. You won't hear the truck idle up. Now turn the dial over to the defrost. You should now hear the compressor click on and feel the truck idle up to run the compressor. Play with the AC button all you want at this point and you'll see it does nothing. I can't stand the fact that the truck does this. I had a 05 Tundra and it did the same thing. In the Tundra you could defeat this by unplugging a wire behind the AC controls, but I haven't seen a way to do this in the Tacoma yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts