Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have pics of THEIR rear license plate light? I want to change the bulb so I can match with my HIDs once I get em

· Registered
170 Posts
I bought my LED white bulb on ebay. I should get it within a couple days. I'll put it on and post some pics hopefully this coming saturday.

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Hows this?

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

...Yes, those are LED reverse lights

As for matching your HIDs, it will be hard to match. What temp is your HID? LEDs dont have color temps like HIDs. You either have red, blue, warm white, cool white, yellow, green, etc.

Cool Whites have a hint of blue in them so this is probably more matching towards your HID and close to Lexus

You have the deep blue LED? The ones I want are lighter than that like the Lexus LS have. Clean though
If you want it like the Lexus LS, you can go to Toyota/Lexus dealership and buy the bulb from them. Will be probably be pricey though considering you're buying from dealership.

I got my LEDs from superbrightleds and autolumination. Probably better quality and cheaper than eBay.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hows this?

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

As for matching your HIDs, it will be hard to match. What temp is your HID? LEDs dont have color temps like HIDs. You either have red, blue, warm white, cool white, yellow, green, etc.
Yeah i know they dont have temp ones. But I will be getting either 4300k, 5k or 6k. I am getting the HIDs from my friend cuz I can get em really cheap. But I dont know if he has 5k available. Your rear LP lights are probably the ones I am getting, looks clean man! Is that the Cool White?

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Yeah i know they dont have temp ones. But I will be getting either 4300k, 5k or 6k. I am getting the HIDs from my friend cuz I can get em really cheap. But I dont know if he has 5k available. Your rear LP lights are probably the ones I am getting, looks clean man! Is that the Cool White?
Indeed they are Cool White. As close to Lexus looking as you'll get without having to buy from the dealer. See my cardomain page (link in sig) for which LED I bought and where it was used. Pics may look white but they have a slight hint of blue. My interior are white LEDs also.

My retrofit headlights are 4300k so I guess it can give you an idea of how it would look.

· Registered
170 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Is there a DIY on how to change this bulb anywhere here? I looked and cant find any. Im pretty sure I can do it, but it'd be nice see how anyone else has done it first. Anyone got links?

· must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,251 Posts
Is there a DIY on how to change this bulb anywhere here? I looked and cant find any. Im pretty sure I can do it, but it'd be nice see how anyone else has done it first. Anyone got links?
I think it was explained in one of the LED threads.
  1. Simply open up the trunk
  2. Remove the black clips that holds the lining on the trunk
  3. Take off lining and place it in the trunk along with clips
  4. Dont lose clips
  5. Look up
  6. You'll see two wires
  7. Both will lead to the license plate
  8. Twist and remove socket
  9. Pull out old bulb
  10. Put in new bulb/LED
  11. Put everything back in reverse order

*EDIT*
Didnt search hard enough...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266214&highlight=led+license+plate

Unfortunately, pics are no longer there. If you know how to follow instructions, change a light bulb or change yourself, you can do this.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was explained in one of the LED threads.
  1. Simply open up the trunk
  2. Remove the black clips that holds the lining on the trunk
  3. Take off lining and place it in the trunk along with clips
  4. Dont lose clips
  5. Look up
  6. You'll see two wires
  7. Both will lead to the license plate
  8. Twist and remove socket
  9. Pull out old bulb
  10. Put in new bulb/LED
  11. Put everything back in reverse order
*EDIT*
Didnt search hard enough...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266214&highlight=led+license+plate

Unfortunately, pics are no longer there. If you know how to follow instructions, change a light bulb or change yourself, you can do this.
Pretty sure I coulda figured it out, but thanks for the DIY anyway.

Reactions: im-fletch

· Registered
158 Posts
hey ace did you hook up your spoiler light or is dead? shouldnt it be on when the brake is?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.