Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
money pit
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a unbelievable deal on a 3'' toytec spacer lift but it was just the front, so i need just the rear. give me some ideas and brands and how much the rear lift should be to even with the 3'' front. or if anybody has a rear lift they want to get rid of. i dont know if i want an add a leaf cause from what ive heard on here they might be causing the shudder on take off, well any knowledge or feed back please

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
I think Pb is selling his AAL- you could probably go that route and see if you get the shudder- just be prepared for an AWEFUL ride... but this is what AALs are intended for in that they increase payload so they have to b stiffer...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I have AAL's in mine and no shudder. I like the way the truck rides now, but will probably get something better when I build the truck up more for off-road use. I'll probably have to do something different once I get the Shrockworks bumper and winch simply because of the added weight. But in the mean time no complaints. If, anything it helped eliminate wheel hop on rough roads. Rear tires stay in contact with the road now.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
My AALs gave a great ride, no vibrations or noises.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
pointerDixie214 said:
I think Pb is selling his AAL- you could probably go that route and see if you get the shudder- just be prepared for an AWEFUL ride... but this is what AALs are intended for in that they increase payload so they have to b stiffer...
What is it with this and your continued harping about the Alcan AAL having such a stiff ride? Maybe you should give your truck to your lady friend to drive and switch to a car.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I would have to agree! For you to blame the AAL's for some thing that is occurring to stock trucks and some with Dakar leaf packs? That is just ridiculous!
Quite giving people BAD advice! Unless you have some PROOF that we are unaware of? I understand that you are going nutz! Because you have the shudder. But we are all trying to figure this out? And pointing people in the wrong direction is not helping at all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts