Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell. Can anyone believe this? I was even told there were several recalls and Toyota decided to make it non-adjustable! Where can I obtain parts and which parts to make this wheel adjustable and in spec with the other three wheels> 2016 RAV4 hybrid owner for three months.

·
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,867 Posts
Might ask this group if you haven't already. I looked up recalls, didn't see any besides the one for the stability actuator.
Maybe they issued some TSB's. Have you had a independent shop look at it? Is it pulling or trashing tires?

·
8,216 Posts
I somehow do not believe this. Rear suspension is identical to non hybrid version. Toyota does not provide accommodations for caster and camber adjustment, but that is across entire lineup of passenger cars. But toe is adjustable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe it but they showed a minus 2 degree setting on the rear passenger tire. May try another Toyota dealership to see what it says.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might ask this group if you haven't already. I looked up recalls, didn't see any besides the one for the stability actuator.
Maybe they issued some TSB's. Have you had a independent shop look at it? Is it pulling or trashing tires?
Only had the vehicle since Mid-October 2019. Put new Michelin snow tires on it so no wear issue yet. The statements from the service manager about Recalls seems to be BS. The camber is -2.0 .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is before my recent three wheel alignment. I was told the right rear is non-adjustable. Something is wrong as if it was in a accident? non-Toyota parts?-other?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,111 Posts
Camber is typically not adjustable BUT given that the left rear is like -2.0 and the right rear is like -2.1 I would not worry too much about it. Otherwise if you want camber done, you would have to buy camber bolts or shims to adjust it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I just ordered an adjustable rear passenger side camber arm. Wil have to have someone install it.

·
8,216 Posts
I see. Unfortunately, you have rear strut with single point mount bolt. Can't do camber bolts. Camber arm it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts